• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Corsair Hydro Series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDragon1260

Ok the two new coolers from Corsair are the H80 (120mm rad) and H100 (240mm rad) which are both offspring of the CoolIT merge with corsair (H60 also included). What i want to know is, with these systems coming out, how do you think they will compare to lets say the Swiftech H2O-220 Edge. I was honestly considering a Noctua D14 for my new processor but the temptation of going back to watercooling is strong.

We are hoping that Corsair will send and H100 our way to test. I'm curious too about how it will stack up against the Swiftech and and XSPC kits.

I would also like to see more testing with mid towers instead of just their 800D. Someone did say it will fit their 400 Carbide series but i am more interested if it will fit my HAF 912 or will i have to just upgrade again to a HAF 932A (was planning to do this later anyways). I like Swiftech and XSPC because i have the option to mount the rad outside the case instead of inside but at the same time i like the idea of a completely sealed unit instead of having to be checking water levels every 3-6 months or even draining the system every year. To me if it can hold up against the 220 EDGE and the RS240 and be in between that price range than i will be happy but if it is closer to the 220 Edge price than i will just go for a RS or RX240 from XSPC.

Last edited:
Swiftech and XSPC kits also give you the ability to expand, and change out components down the road. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

FrozenCPU has the Corsair H100 for $119 currently with an ETA of end of july
Corsair H100
If it stays like this i might go with this over a watercooling kit but the XSPC kits are tempting

It's pretty good, for just a CPU the 120x2 one will do for any overclock I imagine, to a point of crazy overclocks.

Expandability, beuty, and the satisfaction of your own rig? Missing a bit.

This looks so much better than a Hxx setup, whatever size. I'm biased. Which would you want to own?

On the flip side, which is cheaper.....................?

IMG_0885.jpg

That is why i like the XSPC kit because it costs just a little extra (around $10-$40 more) i can get an expandable kit, but at the same time i do not see myself cooling the chipset or even the GPU. For now my only goal is keeping the CPU temps under control but knowing that i could expand later is a nice feeling. :bang head this is a difficult decision. The H100 is a Love+Hate relationship, i love that it is all self contained but i hate that the hose length is fixed and you can really only mount it one way in your case. Another thing that i hate about the H series is that if something goes wrong like pump or hose, you are without a cooler until you get a new one from Corsair if it is covered under warranty. But i love that i can just stick the thing in my case, hook it up and just enjoy the rest of my day.

Last edited:
I hope you get the H100, it just seems logical that bigger is better but I hope you keep us posted if you get a chance to review the new corsair H line.

Back