• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New rig, comments please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, everything is compatible, I dont know about SSD maybe another member can give you another advice, and the H70 too.

That is an expensive rig!

But all of the parts look good if you have the money..

I would switch to a Z68 motherboard for SSD cache though

Why, with a single 24" monitor are you going with 2 590's? You can EASILY run with one 580 on that. Dont waste the money unless you are going with multi monitor setup.

That said, cut back to AX 750 power supply with one 580.

Why, with a single 24" monitor are you going with 2 590's? You can EASILY run with one 580 on that. Dont waste the money unless you are going with multi monitor setup.

That said, cut back to AX 750 power supply with one 580.

You are right about that. The monitor in the configuration is kind of misleading since it is for another purpose, just threw that in since I need it too. :)

However I still think that the two 590's is probably overkill as you said, unless going for multi high resolution which I am not sure I will.

On the swedish forum one guy just gave me some good arguments to wait until 2011 socket. Having thought about it for a while he makes some good sense. The hard part is it's perhaps almost 6 months until the expected 2011 socket release.

It's a hard decision, and I think I have bad timing. What do you think guys, should I keep this budget for the socket 2011?

Dont wait... just get it. 2600k is a beast. If you wait 6 months, then something else is coming out in 6 months. ;)

Dont wait... just get it. 2600k is a beast. If you wait 6 months, then something else is coming out in 6 months. ;)

True! I have thought it over. Thanks I needed to hear that from someone else too.

This is probably the final config, I may exchange the 5400 rpm for a 7200 rpm though, and I might skip the sli, but it looks like this is it.

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/561634/2011-06-25 :)

Ok I ditched the second 590 and added two 7200 rpm. One of the reason I added the second 590 is because of the hardware rendering capabilities of certain 3D software like Maya and 3D studio Max. For that reason I might throw it back in, but I am not sure though how much of a benefit it would be.

I am not totally sure that this system would be safe as far as the cooling goes so if someone could make a quick check on that it would be awesome :)

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/561700/2011-06-25

That is an expensive rig!

But all of the parts look good if you have the money..

I would switch to a Z68 motherboard for SSD cache though

I don't know that much of SSD cache but from what I have read so far, I think I would want to assign my SSD its own drive letter. SSD caching is having the SSD work together the mechanical disk as one drive?

If I dont' plan to use SSD cache maybe I would be fine with the P67?

Back