• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C: is not accessable access is denied

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

I was installing win7 x64 on a new SSD and all at once I was locked out of my C: drive. The name which was Win7 was dropped and it does not show the used or available space. I don't have any idea what happened and cannot access anythging there or computer management. Cannot take ownership as nothing is available that will get past access is denied. In properties it says unable to show current owner, shows 0 kb's used and 0 kb's available. Anything I can do except for reinstalling? I have to download BFBC online if I reinstall again as I got it online and that takes hours as does all of the MS updates. I have never even seen this before.

Only thing that I can think that might have happened was that in a previous install I had moved My documents folder to another drive. After the install that drive had changed letters and I changed it back to the original. I have all of my other drives on seperate USB backup drives.

Last edited:
I've never heard of that before either; maybe the SSD was partially defective? I would test that drive before I reinstalled anything on there, and RMA if necessary - something weird like that shouldn't be happening on a brand new drive.

Thanks for looking. I went ahead and reinstalled and everything is OK so far.

Back