• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PC doesn't turn on properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was not the latest BIOS version available...I now updated to the latest one (from May 2012). I will switch off the pc now to try...

No way...it doesn't work... :(
Seriously I don't understand what's wrong, with old CPU was working and now it's not. Keyboard was always an issue tough...

I don't have another pc to try the new one...I than have to try again the old one on my pc, even if I didn't want to touch anything inside...the pc it is basically brand new...

Once Windows loads, and the keyboard isn't recognized, have you just let the system sit for 5 to 10 minutes? I've seen windows take an extra long time to recognize and install drivers when you change USB ports for the keyboard. If you just let it sit at the desktop or login screen for a bit, it recognizes the devices are in a different spot and then you are good to go.

Once Windows loads, and the keyboard isn't recognized, have you just let the system sit for 5 to 10 minutes? I've seen windows take an extra long time to recognize and install drivers when you change USB ports for the keyboard. If you just let it sit at the desktop or login screen for a bit, it recognizes the devices are in a different spot and then you are good to go.

Are you serious? Never tried to be honest...what I do when windows loads and keyboard is not recognized is to change USB port...

Well...after updating the bios at least I fixed one problem...now the keyboard starts up woth the pc without need of unplug and plug it back :)!
Still the pc doesn't start properly tough...

EDIT: Well guys...I completely disassembled the pc, took everything out and just left the mobo. Cleared the cmos, put back the CPU, recleared the cmos (just to make sure was well cleared :D), put back graphica card and ONE of the 4 RAMs...everything works now. I will turn it off and put back all of them and check again...maybe we are close to the solution...
Now it all works...and the led DRAM doesn't turn on anymore...

Really thanks for your prompt help...you were veryyyyyyyyy helpfu ;)

Last edited:
Back