• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Indigo Xtreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1..._Kit_for_Core_i5_LGA_1156_-_2_Pack.html#blank

I was thinking at going for this or Shin etsu x23 but considering it performs better than the X23 at the same price, I am tempted to take the indigo.
However, I heard it was kinda hard to install and there is only two installation possible :(

I am planning to use with a waterblock so I don't know how hard it could be to properly install it... Looking for some feedback from user.

Edit: Okay from what I understand it seems pretty risky. You have to let the temperature climb to 90C (the TIM will melt), it will decline then as soon as it hits again 90C put pump back on.

How much time you have between the two phases (two peaks)?

Last edited:
The instructions strike me as pretty simple, but only being able to apply it twice makes that a brutal price tag indeed.

I'd be inclined to go with IC7D instead, same pricetag, almost as good cooling, and more applications.

The process of heating it up to get it to flow turned me away from it too. Not to mention the two applications and done. Skinnee labs rated the Prolimatech PK-1 TIM very very high in their series of tests and a tube of that costs half as much and can install a ton of cpus...

The process of heating it up to get it to flow turned me away from it too. Not to mention the two applications and done. Skinnee labs rated the Prolimatech PK-1 TIM very very high in their series of tests and a tube of that costs half as much and can install a ton of cpus...

That link?
http://skinneelabs.com/2011-tim-results/3/

Looks interesting, but I don't know how he tests his stuff it is impossible the MX-3 performed that bad... Should be better than MX-4 by .5c...

Talking about IC diamond...

largetimcompare.jpg

Doesn't look like the best option.

So far I am really interested going with the Prolimatech PK-1 as for 11$ there is 5g :shock:

However, I will have the Copper version EK supreme so I don't know if its super good to mix aluminium with copper

Ya thats the link I was talking about...

Well I'm using the EK Supreme HF and the PK-1 and my temps are great. Of course I have way more cooling than I need for just the CPU right now but wanted room for the possible addition of a full board water block if the mood struck me later.

I applied Indigo Xtreme last night and I didn't fret one bit (Could be that I was running on no sleep and it was already 2AM by the time I got to that point of my upgrades). I used it with my Prolimatech Magahalems Rev.B, and I couldn't be happier. I ran lower temps than my stock without having a heatsink fan... lol! Anyways, it probably took about 5-7 minutes with this massive heatsink for the drop in temps to occur, depending on if you have a cooler of lesser size it should take about 3 minutes.

Installation is simple, just make sure you're awake(coherent) for it! When laying down the ETI make sure to get it right the first time, I messed it up and had to re-seat it a few times to finally get it laying properly.

PK-1 is also a great choice (haven't actually used it but I did immense amounts of research on TIMs prior to my purchase). The reason I went with Indigo Xtreme was because I always second guessing my TIM application, and I figured something with an always equal contact dependence would cure my stress. Also, I don't plan on re-seating or bench-marking at all so there won't be frequent applications.

Back