• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Einstien @ home gpu help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

Since I recently took my gtx 580 out to bench, my RAC has dropped like a rock. So hoping to stop this I install a spare gpu I had lying around. I replaced my 580 with a gts 250. I have now also installed an 8800gt and it is recognized by boinc, but it says its not used. is there a setting I have to change somewhere to get it to use my second gpu or will it only work with 2 identical cards? here is some screenshots to help explain.

this is the message it gives me when I start up my computer.

gpu help.JPG
it seems like the 8800gt should be compatible with the programming.

this is the usage of the 2 gpu's

gpu help 2.JPG

Need a DVI-VGA adapter, then you stick a couple resistors into a couple pins in the VGA end. It tricks win7/vista into thinking the card is attached to a monitor.

Need a DVI-VGA adapter, then you stick a couple resistors into a couple pins in the VGA end. It tricks win7/vista into thinking the card is attached to a monitor.

i am just gonna try plugging it into my monitor today when i get home. since it has dvi, vga and hdmi inputs it might do the same thing. If that doesn't work, you wouldn't happen to have a link to a pin out diagram guide?

thanks, but it still isn't working. I have my second monitor plugged in and its still only using the gts 250. I think I am going to finish my work units on einstien then switch it over to the seti gpu client. hopefully it will work with that. if it doesn't I will just try F@H. hopefully my 580 will be back in business by then.

Back