• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Recommendations Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

Based on my below signature, which PSU would you recommend?

The PC is used for gaming and multimedia obviously.

I am the type of person who likes to stick with a single GPU as opposed to SLI. So, in the future, with the hope of getting a larger monitor and more advanced water cooling, as well as an NVIDIA Kepler GPU, what would be considered enough wattage for a this system?

Thanks all!

Based on my below signature, which PSU would you recommend?

The PC is used for gaming and multimedia obviously.

I am the type of person who likes to stick with a single GPU as opposed to SLI. So, in the future, with the hope of getting a larger monitor and more advanced water cooling, as well as an NVIDIA Kepler GPU, what would be considered enough wattage for a this system?

Thanks all!

You won't need a big one. Budget? Modular?

Corsair 650VX (non modular), or Corsair 650HX (Modular) will be PLENTY for any single GPU setup. Truthfully 550W would be fine, but since it doesnt have a modular option, I jumped up a bit.

Yeah I'm looking for modular and as far as price, I'm open to any options.

So for future hardware upgrades, and sticking with a single GPU throughout the process, 650W would be more than enough, or barely enough?

Yeah I'm looking for modular and as far as price, I'm open to any options.

So for future hardware upgrades, and sticking with a single GPU throughout the process, 650W would be more than enough, or barely enough?

JD,

You could run two GTX 470's with a quality 650w.

This link will give you a fair idea. The power consumtion is for the whole system:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-480,2585-15.html

Our sticky on recommended power supplies. These are the "best of the best" and it's recommended to buy from that list:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708

Those listed 550 / 560 watt modulars will work just fine too. They don't get much better and they will run any single GPU made today easily. Your GTX470 is not a power hog.

Back