• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaner version of a custom milkcrate computer!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrix25

Registered
Ok people this has been around for a little while. From the pictures and designs that I have gathered from other people I have decided to use my ingenuity and design it my own little way with keeping everything inside the crate. Feel free to comment or ask questions.

That's a pretty cool idea, I've been trying to come up with a cheap way to make a mostly open case but keep the kids and cat away from fans. Is that just silicone attaching everything to the crate?

To RollingThunder I apologize but I had posted it in the wrong category and do not know where to delete it.

Thanks Jshare. Its very simple to do. You can pm me if you want to know more.

It basically is very cheap on designing this. Just a little time and some dedication. I don't have it running yet because I had to send the RAM off to be replaced but it powers on. Ill post a pic of what the back looks like.

I did not use silicone at all and everything is detachable for replacement if need be. Including PSU. I got the idea from PC modder magazine in 2004 where they had a article on it so I kind of designed it my way and made it a lot cleaner on the outcome.

P.S. It does take some ingenuity.

Here is the push-button on/off switch lol.

Here is the back side of it. I changed the PSU switch and the PSU fan to a ball-bearing one. It cools hella better now.

Picoodle appears to be buggy, when the links are clicked, the Picoodle site generates the message
"BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED!". It's like a virus. O_O

Hey, all a case needs to do is hold your stuff. :D

Btw, quintuple post? xD. There's an edit button in the bottom right hand corner of every post you make. :thup:

Not much for thought (the fan on the plexiglass is pointless) or execution (plexiglass looks pretty bad and I could imagine dangerous). It is a neat idea, Would be good for a SETI or Folding farm. You could just stack them in the corner.

That plexi could use a little work (not saying I could do better, but just had to say it)

And also, I've got that exact IDE cable sitting here in my box of junk to use if the situation arises :D Bought it like 3 years ago and used it in my modded xbox (original) when I built it into a pc case.

Also, Love the use of hot glue to hold the mobo.

Last edited:
looks neat, nice build

I love that on the side it says "use by other than publix prohibited by law" and you've made it into a pc case :D

I just hope publix doesn't call the police on you for using ONE of their milk carton crates

honestly, explaining all of that would just be.... hilarious

Nice, got love this. i might have to steal your computer for a very cheap build to run RCON and other silly things like cable t.v and streaming :)

Back