• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lamptron's New Fan Controller - Meet the FC-9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the clean look & color options. Also, I like sliders personally. Much easier to visually tell where you're setting them (in case you change things & wanna change them back).

I like the clean look & color options. Also, I like sliders personally. Much easier to visually tell where you're setting them (in case you change things & wanna change them back).

Agreed.

/Begin OT/ You, sir, have one of the oldest 'new member' accounts I've seen. Glad you're still around and still reading. :salute: /end OT/

Agreed.

/Begin OT/ You, sir, have one of the oldest 'new member' accounts I've seen. Glad you're still around and still reading. :salute: /end OT/

LOL, you aren't the first to notice. I've been around for longer than that actually. I'm more of a browser than a poster. Trying to change that.

:drool: loving the black one with red leds.

would look pretty nice in my Silverstone FT02

i dont understand why any one would need 50w per channel!!, most pumps I have seen use ~20w

i dont understand why any one would need 50w per channel!!, most pumps I have seen use ~20w

That's the beauty of it...every color is the same controller, you can change it as you please.

As far as 50W/channel, it's helpful for controlling multiple fans on radiators (or just multiple fans period). My rad has 28.8W (three delta screamers rated for .8A/each) on it.

Some people use push-pull on their rads. I've actually done that before with six .65A Panaflo fans, which would total 46.8W. Previously, I had to use two channels on a 30W / channel controller. With this, I could run that setup on just one. :)

Heh, you haven't met The Beast, as I have dubbed my bad boy SanAce compound fan. :D That controller isn't powerful enough to run it on just one channel.:nuts:

And I do like the look of that fan controller. Powerful and clean looking!:thup:

it has a nice clean look to it and has the option to change colors to match your box if youd like but it would be great if you could have it on rotating colors so its not always the same

Can anyone tell me how you would be able to find out the rpwm's of a fan if it was just connected to that controller. Say for some panaflos on my heatsink:eek:

Hopefully the the "w" in rpwm's was a typo, I think that's a safe assumption. :)

If you want to measure RPM of a fan, you could split the wire off, put just the RPM wire in its own 3-pin plug and stick into one of the headers on your motherboard. That's the easiest way I can think of doing it.

any idea of when it will be available? I had been talking to a couple places trying to find fan controllers with more power and finally one comes up but I can't find it anywhere.

I've heard a couple of weeks from Lamptron but not a concrete date. I have the sample now and will be getting to it as soon as I can.

Back