• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding a rail's maximum amps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Proclamation13

I'm sure this is such a basic question I'm embarrassed to be asking: where can you find out the maximum ampere's for each of a PSU's rails? The eXtreme Power Supply Calculator informs me my +12V rail needs at least 52A, my +5V rail needs at least 15A and my +3.3V rail needs at least 8.1A. However, I can't find that information listed anywhere online. Any suggestions? I've checked multiple websites product listings and don't trust reviews. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

If it helps I'm looking at this PSU: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3 (link to Newegg)

I'm sure this is such a basic question I'm embarrassed to be asking: where can you find out the maximum ampere's for each of a PSU's rails? The eXtreme Power Supply Calculator informs me my +12V rail needs at least 52A, my +5V rail needs at least 15A and my +3.3V rail needs at least 8.1A. However, I can't find that information listed anywhere online. Any suggestions? I've checked multiple websites product listings and don't trust reviews. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

If it helps I'm looking at this PSU: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3 (link to Newegg)

Professional review here:

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article/2009/09/25/seasonic_x_series_x750_power_supply_review/1

Page 3 shows the label and amps. You won't have to be concerned buying that model, they don't come any better.

I"m surprised more amps are needed at +5V than +3.3V because the few mobos I measured that ran the CPU from the +12V rail drew high amps at +12V and +3.3V and less than 1A @ +5V.

Outside of the reviews, you can just look at the label on the side of the PSU. Usually popular etailers have photos that show it or list it in the description for that matter.

PS - I own that PSU. Best. EVAR. Fan has only spun up when pounding on a GTX 580 and 5Ghz + 2600k.

Back