• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which brand 6950 to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avesta

Hey guys,

I am looking at getting a 6950 card for a new setup and was wondering which brands you prefer.

Thanks,

I'm personally a fan (read: fanboy) of Asus. Their cards tend to be a little more pricey though. I actually own a Gigabyte 6950 that runs great though I can't seem to find them online anymore. Typically what people will tell you is to find which company offers the best warranty, and that's good advice. The cards are basically the same, and any card that offers a factory OC offers an OC that you can easily achieve on your own anyway.

Ok cool. I'm buying from newegg.ca and they only have HIS and sapphire in the 2GB version. It's better to get the 2gb version right?

Ok cool. I'm buying from newegg.ca and they only have HIS and sapphire in the 2GB version. It's better to get the 2gb version right?

Not exactly, 2gb is more expensive. And no game uses more than 1gb, unless you are playing in eyefinity. If you can get a reference card. I got a sapphire 2gb 6950 and its running at stock 6970 clocks and shaders.

The one's with more than one fan should in theory run quieter, but they look like they will dump more heat into your case.

Back