• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED DC Farm upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

I am hoping to upgrade my DC farm sometime soon and was hoping for some input. This is the parts I have select thus far and around a $1500 budget.

DC farm.JPG

I am going to be crucnhing Rosetta@home with the Cpu's and Einstien@home with the gpu's. I already have the HDD's so thats not needed and no cases are required :p

Or should I just hold off upgrading the farm until Bulldozer gets released and possibly use that if its good?

Last edited:
That will get you some mega points with most DC projects. TBH, as i prefer intel, id say get that, orrr wait for ivy bridge to be released, but as with bulldozer (i believe) they have no set release dates, and again, once released they could end up being terrible. Personally id say go for the i7's as they can be very nicely overclocked to easily the high 4ghz range, as for the gfx cards, again, they can be very nicely overclocked.

Back