• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swap CPU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

I have an old 970, one of the originals I think. Its quality is fairly ho hum, 1.35v for 4ghz, 1.37 for 4.1, and after that voltage rises quite quickly. I have the opportunity to trade it, and 220 for a 990x es that will do 4.4 with around 1.3ish. I dont want to spend anymore money on my oc, so I was thinking of selling a 570. Dual 570s are pretty intense.. but seems to me good cpu's are hard to comeby these days for me :D

Would you do it?

$220 for 400Mhz.

That's going to buy you maybe 1 or 2 frames per second of perceptible improvement.

Your computer is already quite excellent. You have Revo, you have 570 SLI, good soundcard, good speakers. Why bother? I sure wouldn't.

If it matters to say "I run 4.4" that much to you, get it. It will not improve your actual usage experience other than knowing you're @ 4.4 IMO.

I agree. If you were benching it'd be worth it no question, but for normal use, even intensive normal use, it's not really worth it IMO.

Agreed with those above, unless you are benching it I wouldn't bother.

So my suggestion - Buy it and bench it :p

I was thinking the exact same thing to be honest.. I lock my fps at 60 and juice up the prettiness :thup:

I was just excited, I dont want to bust up my sli, but if he got 4.4 I know I can get more, he was staying under 1.375, so you can see why I was a bit excited.. I think 1.5v is ok :D

:attn:

Thanks for the replys fellers, much appreciated :)

Back