• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvolt with powertune?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hajalie24

Basically I want to add more voltage to my 6950 while having powertune at +20%. Otherwise my clocks will fluctuate meaning my overclock is useless. I have tried modifying the bios with RBE but I get a bsod in windows. Even if I uninstall my ati drivers, once I reinstall them and restart I get a bsod. MSI afterburner does not have a powertune setting so I can't use that. Any help would be appreciated. My card is an MSI R6950 twin frozr ii.

I fixed the issue. By using Sapphire Trixx I can set power control to +20% in CCC without it messing with it, unlike Afterburner.

I had the same issue with RBE and BSODs on an unlocked MSI 6950, but kept trying and eventually changed only one thing at a time(Mv) and it stuck and no BSODs. Then I went back in and changed the fan ramps later and all is well. Sadly the card only seems to want to do 920 w/o artifacts, but hey it's fast and it was cheap.

That's interesting, I may try that for voltage but for now I'll stick to overclocking with trixx as it seems to work.

I had the same issue with RBE and BSODs on an unlocked MSI 6950, but kept trying and eventually changed only one thing at a time(Mv) and it stuck and no BSODs. Then I went back in and changed the fan ramps later and all is well. Sadly the card only seems to want to do 920 w/o artifacts, but hey it's fast and it was cheap.

I can't seem to do this. Just changing the volts cause a BSOD on startup.

Back