• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to eject a disc from optical drive w/ no eject button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alecela

Registered
The HP-LG CA30L BD-DVD Combo in my new rig does not have any eject button and I stupidly stick in a memtest CD before even installing the OS. For some reason the memtest program only flashes on the screen for split second and now the computer just keep rebooting w/ the CD stuck in the drive. Is there any keystroke I can do to eject the CD? I tried poking in the holes, while the drive is disconnted, but can't seem to locate any emergency eject button...

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to all responses so far. Few points to clarify:
It's a slim slot in drive made for notebook type where there is no tray nor eject button. It doesn't even have a bezel. It's a bare drive that I bought for my FT03 case. As I mentioned earlier, I have already tried 'poking' into those holes in front but no luck so far. I have a feeling that given this drive does NOT have a tray, there might NOT be a mechanical emergency eject button... :-(

Eek, well that is not cool in the least. Was planning on getting a slot load here at work but that might be a scary thing if you can't manually eject the disk from the drive, without taking it apart that is.

Really, you had to post this on tomshardware and overclock.net as well??

Poke further into the holes. My last slot load would eject this way, though it was 1999.

Poke further into the holes. My last slot load would eject this way, though it was 1999.

Don't really see any problem for posting at other sites. Was just trying to get more help. Do let me know if there's any issue that I might have overlooked.

I tried 'poking' with drive connected AND disconnected, nothing worked. I eventually took out the drive and hook it up at a another computer w/ windows to eject the disc. Unfortunately this is the only slot loading BD-DVD combo w/ lightscribe so I guess I'm stuck with it. :-/

Well then we should give him/her the answer? And maybe we could be nicer to him/her as well? :eek:

I did give him an answer.. maybe either this drive is defective and it isn't manually ejecting like it should, or perhaps its actually not supposed to. I'm trying to find a manual for the drive in the breaks between calls at work. However, this drive is hard to find info on.

As to my niceness, I guess my tone isn't coming across properly? I need to add more emoticons. :escape::chair:

I did give him an answer.. maybe either this drive is defective and it isn't manually ejecting like it should, or perhaps its actually not supposed to. I'm trying to find a manual for the drive in the breaks between calls at work. However, this drive is hard to find info on.

As to my niceness, I guess my tone isn't coming across properly? I need to add more emoticons. :escape::chair:

Hey it's not our fault those other sites suck. :D

Have you right clicked the drive in device manager and said eject? That works sometimes.

The OS isn't installed yet (he stated that above), so to try that he would need to connect the drive to another desktop machine... If he has one.

Not your drive, but one example of slot loaders having a manual eject button, with pictures to give you an idea of what you are looking for:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3007?viewlocale=en_US

Back