• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compact high end laser printers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

Can anybody recommend me a compact size, high quality [1200x1200 DPI] colour laser?

I want to be able to produce A4 prints of [my] artwork from high res scans.

I had been using a gorgeous Xerox Phaser 7760 at a friend's studio but the guy that runs the place threw a bit of a fit over my using the facilities.

I would buy one but they cost ~£4000 and I don't need an A3 monster. So I was wondering if there are any comparable machines for smaller volume home use that might come under the £800 mark.

i cant specifically recommend one, but as Cheapskate goes and A4 the Okidata line has been berry berry good to me. but i would NOT use them to expect great high res clarity, they are 12x6 type usually, and look more like 6x6 .

the HP ones also are workhorse office items , naw thats $$$ way more.

there is a little samsung now for ~$100 i am not sure if it will do A4 but it is soooo cheap, that after doing the 100 prints it might manage you can toss it out. :) it seems to be the "epson" style, give away the printer charge them a $1 a print for ink :)
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/printers/CLP-325W/XAC something like this, aint that cute

if you been seeing clean primo 1200x1200 prints out of a 5000+ USD printer , and it is picture important, only the good ones are going to cover that.

ya know, within the discussion, the local printer will HAVE the primo ones, and after calculating all the costs for toner, drums, power , good quality paper and all, it can be better to go to the pros. They buy toner by the gallon :)

it sure is nice having full capabilites at your fingertips for good qaulity short runs, but when needing say 100, taking it to the people who lease a $60,000 machine :) well you get the picture.

cheap knockoff toners , made my drums muddier :-( I lost one okidata to that once, soo, i dont get the advantages of refilling with cheap stuff, even though many people will do OK with replacement and compatability toners , my experince was a burn.

Last edited:
Back