• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Repairs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

accessoriesguy

I am sure many/most of us here have administered various repairs.

What hardware problems have been at fault to you most of the time?

The CPU, MoBo, Fan, PSU?

I think for me the most Hardware errors I have seen are

Hard Drive and Motherboard Failures.
I have seen a couple of laptop fans that have given up as well.

Most hardware problems I saw were motherboards as well. Blown/Bulging caps normally.

i would have to say that personally, i haven't really had a single component fail more than any other. i have had just about everything fail on a desktop. from video cards, hard drives, memory, motherboards, etc. i've been fairly lucky with the exception of some hard drives lately.

from a professional standpoint, i would definitely say motherboards. at one of my previous jobs, we had a number of dell gx270 & 280s that were notorious for bad caps. i would say that i personally replaced anywhere from 40-50 motherboards that exhibited bulging caps

Hardware? Not one over the other...

Most errors I have run in to are of the ID10T variety. ;)

Hardware? Not one over the other...

Most errors I have run in to are of the ID10T variety. ;)

you make an excellent point. most problems that i am asked to look at are related to software instead of hardware; ie - the user has crippled windows in some way that they need assistance in removing crappy software, etc.

Back