• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ninja Folding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

Ok, so latley I have been looking for ways to get other PC's around work, other houses or any place loaded and folding. Recently the city I live in built a really nice pavilion about 50 yards from my house. The power for it comes off a pole in my back yard and I have been eyeballing it to borrow some power from it. I have been tring to get past my companys firewall so even my work PC can fold. Parents, friends, pc's at stores loaded and running. NOBODY IS SAFE!

I know some of you have some stories or ideas you have been wanting to do. Lets hear these evil plans!

There can be no "evil" plans. They give the project a bad name. Don't own it, don't have permission, no folding. You CAN talk your friends, family, and employers into it and have at it.

THe stories I'd tell are about how "evil" plans got people fired, even when they had verbal permission from their boss. THe boss's boss asked "do you have that in writing? You say NO? You're fired."

You have to have permission.

There can be no "evil" plans. They give the project a bad name. Don't own it, don't have permission, no folding. You CAN talk your friends, family, and employers into it and have at it.

THe stories I'd tell are about how "evil" plans got people fired, even when they had verbal permission from their boss. THe boss's boss asked "do you have that in writing? You say NO? You're fired."

You have to have permission.

I seem to remember a thread about that exact same thing happening to a member a couple years ago.:(

This post was ment to be light hearted or a bit comical. I do understand what you guys are saying but I personally will not worry about it. I have lots of ideas on how to get machines running, but Im mot morally worried about getting my parents or friends pc's folding as I built them or own them. As far as work, it is a good point, not being malicious or thinking its that big of a deal doesn't matter but it could be a bad thing for your career.

I just find it funny how the topic got all serious when I would bet most of us have done actual bad things and never thought twice about it.

My attemps at some good stories failed. :-/

We love a good laugh, no doubt, but this is for science, AND Stanford takes a very serious position on this. Been there, seen that, and nobody wants any of it, trust me.

I'm not trying to put myself or the team, upon an ivory tower of solemn virtue, here. Just keeping it real.

Actually I have been eyeballing my neighbors, I was planning on tying them up and ninja folding on their PS3 and netbook this weekend.But noooo, Stanford has rules against this kind of stuff. Never let me have any fun. /rolleyes

:)

Back