• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most memorable video game deaths.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

Exactly what it says on the tin.

My vote goes for Jorge in Halo: Reach, particularly in light of the FMV that plays straight afterwards.

Most memorable? IWBTG

Only because I saw it thousands of times.

I'll be the one to go ahead and say it. Aeris in FFVII.

Pfft! I can't ever imagine feeling any empathy with any JRPG or anime characters. It's the hair and eyes that do it, perhaps if they make a JRPG about somebody who is blind and bald I would feel different.

Pfft! I can't ever imagine feeling any empathy with any JRPG or anime characters. It's the hair and eyes that do it, perhaps if they make a JRPG about somebody who is blind and bald I would feel different.

Aeris had normal hair (And well - almost normal eyes :p)
I'm gonna have to go with Aeris as well after thinking about it :)

Aeris had normal hair (And well - almost normal eyes :p)
I'm gonna have to go with Aeris as well after thinking about it :)

Aeris_battle_render.jpg

I'm not trying to labour an anime bashing point, but she looks pretty Japanese stylized to me.

I know what you mean by Japanese styling but considering the other characters in the same game she's not over done.

I do see what ya mean though :)

Aeris was definitely a memorable moment for me.

Another would have to be Tidus's "death" or departure in FFX.
Possibly because it was the last FF game I played haha, but I remember that moment when I was watching the end of the game, that I felt a lot of emotions.

When Captain Price(Is that the character who slides you the pistol?) dies at the end of COD MW. It was memorable because it was the only death I remember that saddened me. It was like Tom Hanks dieing at the end of "Saving Private Ryan"

When Captain Price(Is that the character who slides you the pistol?) dies at the end of COD MW. It was memorable because it was the only death I remember that saddened me. It was like Tom Hanks dieing at the end of "Saving Private Ryan"

You do realize that Capt. Price was like 125 years old right? lol :D

I have to say Crysis: Warhead when Psycho snaps and drowns the Korean guy in the river. The part leading up to it and afterwards, wow. The whole scene really.

Agreed. That whole ending bummed me out. Surprisingly powerful.

I guess that's what great voice acting gets you.

Back