• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lian Li PC-Z60 Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Lian Li is no stranger to the case market or the enthusiast community. They are known for making some of the highest quality cases available. We present one of the newest additions to their family, the PC-Z60. This will be my first experience with a Lian Li case, and I'm anxious to see if their cases live up to all of the praise.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Great review!! I hate how case manufacturers think that everyone places their computer on hardwood floors, damn bottom intake vents =/

I have a 1x12 board with ceramic tile on it that I set my cases on in my office. I hate carpet and would rip every last bit of it out of my house if I had the cash but I love the PSU intake under the system.

Great review Matt.

Thanks guys!

I don't believe a blocked intake vent will have any effect on the PSU getting air because of the following quote from the review :p The PSU is raised ~0.5" from the bottom of the case.

There are two rails topped with rubber for the PSU to sit on, and the bottom vent, mentioned earlier, for air intake. The two rails are raised from the bottom of the case to allow the PSU to get air even if the case is sitting on carpet or if the vent is blocked by some other means.

I really like the whole PSU installation system: Isolated by rubber, off the bottom of the case, and completely tool-less.

The only thing that I had to use tools on during installation was the 2.5" SSDs :clap:

Did you use a 1/2 " impact on that? :)

I kinda like the tool-less design too. There a lot of similarities between the Z60 and K62 Lancool designs. Except cost and aluminum.

I've said it before but I just can't get over the quality and design of the Lancool K62. I'm used to buying 200 to 300 dollar Lian-Li cases but I like this Lancool more than any other case I've owned.

I'd like to see you review this $99.00 case and get your opinion.

On edit:
All the fans, PSU, and HDDs are rubber insulated on the Lancool too.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I don't believe a blocked intake vent will have any effect on the PSU getting air because of the following quote from the review :p The PSU is raised ~0.5" from the bottom of the case.

I read that, I was just pointing out that why design a feature around something that looks great but really isn't practical... lol

Did you use a 1/2 " impact on that? :)

I kinda like the tool-less design too. There a lot of similarities between the Z60 and K62 Lancool designs. Except cost and aluminum.

I've said it before but I just can't get over the quality and design of the Lancool K62. I'm used to buying 200 to 300 dollar Lian-Li cases but I like this Lancool more than any other case I've owned.

I'd like to see you review this $99.00 case and get your opinion.

On edit:
All the fans, PSU, and HDDs are rubber insulated on the Lancool too.

Ship one over and I'll give it a look through :p

For me, price is always a concern. If I'm going to drop big bucks on a case, it better be perfect for whatever I need it for, and then go above and beyond my expectations. Personally, features/quality per dollar is what I like to see in a case.

I read that, I was just pointing out that why design a feature around something that looks great but really isn't practical... lol

I see what you mean, but whether or not it's practical is debatable, in my opinion. The majority of desks have a spot for a PC, and not everyone has tall carpet where their PC is located.

Good news, stunt. We'll be getting a LanCool case, so you don't have to ship one over :p

Back