• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COre i7 875k Turbo Boost Overclocking Doesn't Seem To Work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

Hi, My problem is that my 875K's turbo boost multiplier config doesn't seem to work. With the K processor you can choose the multiplier for how high the cores can go depending on how many are being used.

For example if all core are used you can set it to run at 4ghz. If 2 cores are active you specify it to run at 4.2ghz and if you have 1 core you can make that run at whatever you want.

The problem is that all 4 cores are at 4ghz and they never change. I run Prime 95 and I go to task manager so it will only use 2 cores or 1 and I take a look at the Turbo boost monitor or CPUZ and it stays at 4ghz, never once goes up.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I'm pretty sure that Intel defines a core as being unactive (and therefore Turbo Boosting the others) if the core goes into a sleep state. Read something like this about Sandy Bridge though, not sure if it applies to P55...

It is in a sleep state but the CPU isn't being boosted. I ran Prime 95 and disabled 2 cores from the affinity on windows task manager. On Real Temp it shows 50% usage with only high temps on the 2 cores being loaded. The other 2 are asleep. The purpose of the Turbo Boost Tech config is so you can customize how the CPU turbo boost's. It's still at 4ghz. Go to Core i7 875k reivew sites and you'll see that they have accomplished this.

Check this video out if you don't know what I'm talking about :

I need serious help please :(

Back