• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Radeon HD 5970 VDDCI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

Hey guy's,
I'm trying to get some pro advice here. I have my Radeon HD 5970 Overclocked to 800/1100 right now [email protected] & [email protected], with the stock Sapphire cooler ( which is a very good cooler) are keeping temps down to a decent level with user defined fan levels, except i was looking at the VDDCI temps and while the other temps are 70-80C, the VDDCI is almost 110C, the max is around 120C so that's worrisom, this is GPU-Z while running Furmark on the overclock.

I know Artic Silver isn't the best thing to use on a GPU but for now it's keeping it at -ok- levels, i need some advice on the best GPU TIM, i'm sure it has to be some thicker stuff than AS5.

80t.png

I took the card apart and took some pictures, if you don't mind, could you point out, or take the picture and circle what exactly is getting so hot so i can try and remedy it for now (Temporary Band-aid).

Ez9oZ.jpg.png
CDeOL.jpg

Your main issue trying to remedy that is that there's a gap there between the heatsink and the VRM chips that hajalie24 pointed out. You won't be able to bridge it with TIM (at least not with a non-insane quantity that will only make things worse).

Back