• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 - C2D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bfmctango57

I cannot play for more than just a few minutes and I can't figure it out. Updated PB to newest version, but the game crashes within a few minutes every time. Before I installed the patches, game worked perfect.

I tried different configurations. Turned EAX off too!

Still plenty low, if it was around 85-90C then you would have something to worry about. I'd reinstall BF2 to be honest, it sucks but I know that their patches have been really hit or miss and needed an exact order/method of install or else you have problems.

Do you have issues if you start up a single-player game (game with bots?)

Still plenty low, if it was around 85-90C then you would have something to worry about. I'd reinstall BF2 to be honest, it sucks but I know that their patches have been really hit or miss and needed an exact order/method of install or else you have problems.

Do you have issues if you start up a single-player game (game with bots?)

Order of installation:

BF2
1.41 patch
1.5 patch

restart...then I played the game

I thought about trying the game in single player, but I'd rather play multiplayer instead.

I lowered my graphics a little last night and banged away on it for about an hour with no problems. The video card is old and may be tired? I was thinking by lowering the graphics, that would put a little less strain on the card.

The next time the game crashes, I'll try single player and see if it crashes right away.

How do you even know what patch versions are? When I run the game, I run the updater.exe file and it doesnt show what version... maybe try that..?

How do you even know what patch versions are? When I run the game, I run the updater.exe file and it doesnt show what version... maybe try that..?

Are you thinking Bad Company 2? If so, he is talking about Battlefield 2.

Patch versions. Not sure what you mean.
In BF2 server list at the bottom it says what version of patch is installed.

Are you thinking Bad Company 2? If so, he is talking about Battlefield 2.

Ya, BF2...:thup::eek::clap:

LOL, yeah BFBC2 was what *I* was thinking. ;)

Thats cool. Ive heard of that game, but never looked into it/didnt interest me. That could change!

I may get CoD black ops, but I need a better video card and some are saying I need to oc my cpu.

BFBC2 is the same game essentially as BF2..

It is completely different.

Sure they both carry the battlefield name, but bad company is essentially COD with vehicles

It has horrible restrictions on what you can and cannot do (ie. you can't walk 2 meters up a cliff otherwise you're off the map)
Map sizes are TINY compared to what battlefield was known for
Not to mention the view distance is bumped all the way down

It's essentially a dumb down game vs what the original battlefields are

Anyway
It should be reinstalling that should fix it.
Seems to work fine without any compatibility options here

Last edited:
I meant as in the squad based vehicle using type game its closer to its predecessor than it is to cod that's for darn sure. :)

I cannot play for more than just a few minutes and I can't figure it out. Updated PB to newest version, but the game crashes within a few minutes every time. Before I installed the patches, game worked perfect.

I tried different configurations. Turned EAX off too!

I had the same issue, until:

1. Right click on BF2 exe and choose properties
2. Click on compatibilty tab
3. Check box on Disable desktop composition
4. Check box on Run this program as administor
5. Apply and exit....enjoy

Now, I must say, I have probably played 20 rounds recently and have had maybe 1 or 2 C2D's, but before, as soon as I would join a round, I would C2D. Give it a shot, it's 99% better for me. Still a great game.

I had the same issue, until:

1. Right click on BF2 exe and choose properties
2. Click on compatibilty tab
3. Check box on Disable desktop composition
4. Check box on Run this program as administor
5. Apply and exit....enjoy

Now, I must say, I have probably played 20 rounds recently and have had maybe 1 or 2 C2D's, but before, as soon as I would join a round, I would C2D. Give it a shot, it's 99% better for me. Still a great game.

I ended up changing some of the video settings. I lowered some of the graphic settings to low, turned off shadows, lowered lighting, and some others. I haven't had a C2D since. I even lowered the resolution from my native 1280x1024 75mhz to 1024x768 75mhz.

I've been playing this way for about 4 days and will no problems!!

I ended up changing some of the video settings. I lowered some of the graphic settings to low, turned off shadows, lowered lighting, and some others. I haven't had a C2D since. I even lowered the resolution from my native 1280x1024 75mhz to 1024x768 75mhz.

I've been playing this way for about 4 days and will no problems!!

I've been testing the game with the above settings and only had one C2D. I normally play on only a few servers and it doesn't happen on those. It will happen on others. I haven't noticed on which ones though....:confused:

Back