• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alienware Aurora: Need CPU back to 3.4GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltafan909

I have an Alienware Aurora with an i7 930 that came factory overclocked by Dell to 3.4GHz. I screwed up in BIOS so bad, I needed to set everything back to its defaults. So, it got dragged back down to 2.8GHz. Can someone help me overclock my CPU back to 3.4GHz. I don't want it any higher for now. I just want to get it back to how I started. So, I guess what I am asking for is help to find the settings that Dell uses to overclock the CPU's in the factory. Thanks!

By the way, Alienware uses a BIOS that is laid out in a very different manner than usual. I use Alienware A11 BIOS. It does lock out some things that I would not even touch anyways. Another note, when changing the vcore, you cannot just adjust a raw number. You have you adjust a value of a vcore offset that goes up from "By CPU VID" to 20mv+, 40mv+, and so on up to about 500mv+. Just a complication. I can hower use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility if that helps.

Any questions, let me know please!

Need: i7 930 at 2.8GHz -----------> i7 930 at 3.4GHz

Last edited:
Wow, I feel stupid. There is an option called Load Level 01 Overclocking hidden in the BIOS. I guess that would be 3.4GHz.

Back