• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling MX-2 8Gram $4.99 free ship @ Mwave

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe, but that's what the end cap is for ;)

If you're on a benching spree, then it might get used pretty quickly :shrug:

I think I'm going to get that tube just to see how big it actually is...lol.

I've used around 30g of ceramique in the last yearish.
Benching and testing heatsinks really eats it up.

Maybe, but that's what the end cap is for ;)

If you're on a benching spree, then it might get used pretty quickly :shrug:

I think I'm going to get that tube just to see how big it actually is...lol.

I suppose, if you put it under ambient after benching it :p

Can't use MX-2 for sub-zero :)

Why can't you use it for sub-zero? Is there something I don't know about? I've used Ceramipue, AS5, MX-2, Chill Factor, Prolimatech stuff, and no TIM at all.

from what I've read/been told is that silver-based TIM freezes and causes poor conduction, which is why most people use ceramique-based TIMs when going sub-zero.

Yeah, metallic based TIMs are usually very viscous at ambient temps and cold would just make it worse, so that makes since because the TIM may not have time to spread before it freezes. MX-2 doesn't have any metallic particles in it, so it should be good.

$3 now, ordered 2. It took me like 4 years to finally use up my 3.5g arctic silver 5 and probably another 4 for the 3.5g I bought from mwave last month but, what the hell, for $4 why not. I paid $6 for 3.5g of arctic silver, now I got 16g for the same price.

Back