• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with drive recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark bishop

Been a while since I posted but I'm ready to cry

recently re built my computer and re setup my raid, problem is I accidentally added my 1tb to it, now I'm just thinking how to I get it back?

I realise this is vague but just about to start work so thanks for any help.

So it sounds like....You added a drive to your raid array (and you did this on accident) and that drive had valuable data on it?

Another free program worth a shot I recova try running a deep scan and you may get it back just remember to save any recovered files to another hdd

If the drive hasn't been initialized in the RAID array, this should be fairly simple with the suggestions above. If it has been fully initialized, this is going to get a lot more difficult/expensive.

I know it doesn't help with the current situation, but I would suggest getting an online backup. If you are using Windows, I would suggest Backblaze. Unlimited storage for $5/mo.

Its funny this topic appeared because yesterday I was looking for something similar. I lost data on one of my hdd because the partition table became corrupt.

The drive wasn't even showing in windows and required a format.

Even after I quick formatted it in windows I was able to recover 90% of the data using recova. That's the only reason I suggested it.

Ther us no harm trying some of those programs because they only READ the hdd. It's writing over the data that make it har to recover from

WEll yeah online services cost alot...but thats why we run backups. I know an app that gets pictures...but that wouldnt help with all this data :-(

FYI might wanna grab Ghost 15 it's about 20$ on ebay. That app saved my butt about 2 weeks ago because my raid array broke and I was in raid0

I've used GetDataBack and was able to pull the files off but now none of them work :/ most say incompatible.

I was able to open most text documents fine and music/videos sort of work but when i open say, slipknot it plays disturbed. Biggest worry is i cant open any of my pictures, i can re download all my applications and the music i have backed up in most cases but i really want my pictures back.

I use get data back all the time and for the most part it works fine,but in certain occasions it only get partial Jpeg files which are corrupt. We have a program which is free that gets 90% of jpegs back intact. I will see if i can upload it for download tomorrow or post a link to the fact.

(i hope this app helps) I used it to recover data on my drive that crashed and had 10+ years worth of data. That was the day I dished out cash for a NAS and said I was never ever gonna go thru this again.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

TestDisk is a free data recovery utility. It was primarily designed to help recover lost data storage partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally erasing a partition table). TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a corrupted drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis.

Testdisk.png

The program Is called Digital Image Recovery.

Zip File

I can host this for 7 days,Hope it helps.

Last edited:
its working!!! only complaint is it doesn't restore them as i left them so its gonna take me quite a while to sort through everything, all 33674 of them XD at least i have it back.

Back