• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get MCP35x Reservoir Cap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

See Here (for those with classies access) http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683725

I recently bought a MCP35x Reservoir off OCF and got the first revision one, where the fill cap is solid. I need one that has the threaded hole for a barb in it, either the metal or the delrin one. I'm planning on setting up my pump/res combo like Martin did (see here: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/02/25/swiftech-mcp-35x-reservoir/), and I can't do that without the rev2 or rev2b cap =_=

I already contacted Swiftech, and they seemed less than helpful so far. I'm looking for this quick, I don't want to wait much longer than I already have to waiting for other parts to show up.

Anyone have any ideas where to grab one? Or for that matter a quick/cheap way to just drill and tap the hole in one of the caps I already have? (what thread does swiftech use anyway? not BSPP?)

Wait, my top is a metal top, and I have the V2, I think he stayed with the metal top. My top is G1/4 threads, yours is not?

The rev 1 is just a plain metal top, there's no threads/holes on it. The rev2 is the one you have, the rev 2b is yours but in Delrin.

Hi,

I'm leaning towards this setup as well and was just wondering how the barbs fit into the top. Are the threads on the metal top of the reservoir thick enough to secure a barb on the top and another one on the inside like pictured, or am I missing how this was accomplished?

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm leaning towards this setup as well and was just wondering how the barbs fit into the top. Are the threads on the metal top of the reservoir thick enough to secure a barb on the top and another one on the inside like pictured, or am I missing how this was accomplished?

Definitely thick enough for two barbs. Perhaps not all the way, though. I would screw in the barb up top all the way, then put a little bit of teflon tape on the bottom barb and screw it in as far as it goes. This applies to the Swiftech barbs; the threads on these barbs are very short in length.

BTW, I got mine drilled and tapped at a machine shop with NPT threads and it works well enough!

Hi,

Yes, my 35x res V@ is as thick as the original. Yes there is room for a top and bottom barb once drilled or you have the V2 top like I do. I have mine setup like Martin does in his review.

5.25" bay reservoir for MCP35x ?

As the title says, are there any drive-bay reservoirs for these pumps?

I've seen there are plenty for the larger D4s. That's why I scratch my head, how come there aren't any for this lower-profile pump?

Thanks!
-E

I'm using the XSPC Bay Res 1 with my speed modded MCP350 pump and it's a nice reservoir. Easy to bleed and set up, at least for me. Just leave a little extra length to your discharge and return lines so that you can slide it forward enough to fill it easily when bleeding the loop down.

Back