• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED thermaltake fan mod question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

does anyone have one of this fan?

if so, is it possible to connect the LED to a separate 12v line without screwing it up? are the leds and the fan 2 separate cables then connected as 1?
i would like to connect the leds to an on\off button so i can turn them on and off whenever id like

To my knowledge, the LEDs use the direct current used to power the fan for themselves. There is no "switch" other than direct power flow through the line. I have similar Antec 120mm blue fans and have tried to mod them to no avail.

To my knowledge, the LEDs use the direct current used to power the fan for themselves. There is no "switch" other than direct power flow through the line. I have similar Antec 120mm blue fans and have tried to mod them to no avail.

were those antec tricools by any chance? and if so, how did you try to mod them that it wouldn't work?

does anyone have one of this fan?

if so, is it possible to connect the LED to a separate 12v line without screwing it up? are the leds and the fan 2 separate cables then connected as 1?
i would like to connect the leds to an on\off button so i can turn them on and off whenever id like
Depending on how they are wired, this may be very easy. They likely have the LEDs running in series, which means that if you have an open circuit anywhere, all the LEDs are off. So, you could take the wire from one of the LED legs and simply put a switch on it.

Depending on how they are wired, this may be very easy. They likely have the LEDs running in series, which means that if you have an open circuit anywhere, all the LEDs are off. So, you could take the wire from one of the LED legs and simply put a switch on it.

yes exactly thats what i was trying to find out, i didn't want it to get messy when i was done,oh well, i have delayed this project, thanks though :)

Back