• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTPC Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Parvic

Registered
As my better half is soon looking at having to upgrade her system(primarily GPU) she'll need a new case to fit in the newer cards.
But she's picky and prefers the HTPC ones as she thinks the rest i butt ugly.

As im all in the dark here, i turn to you.

So my question is, do any of you have any experience with HTPC cases able to fit in modern cards and standard ATX motherboards?

HTPC cases that are made to fit standard PC components, such as ATX motherboards and standard length GPUs are huge, expensive and are often very heavy....

Just get her an Antec 300;-)

HTPC cases that are made to fit standard PC components, such as ATX motherboards and standard length GPUs are huge, expensive and are often very heavy....

Just get her an Antec 300;-)

Would it happen to be Home Theater Personal Computer?

Cos if that is the case, then i just built one yestoday, was space for an ATX mobo. It was an older series Silverstone, and i would easy fit my HD6950 in it.

But i still think more info on purpose and aim for GPU would help out.

Would it happen to be Home Theater Personal Computer?

Cos if that is the case, then i just built one yestoday, was space for an ATX mobo. It was an older series Silverstone, and i would easy fit my HD6950 in it.

But i still think more info on purpose and aim for GPU would help out.

Spot on!
She just needs it for basic gaming and such.
Think midrange graphic cards, like GTX560/ti/70

Spot on!
She just needs it for basic gaming and such.
Think midrange graphic cards, like GTX560/ti/70

Well im running my nVidia 9600 GSO 768mb in my HTPC, slightly overclocked.
Runs Dirt 3 in full graphics, so it all depends on her gaming, i doubt you'll need a top of the line GPU. Im sure there should be a GPU out there to suit her, and has the right size.

Well im running my nVidia 9600 GSO 768mb in my HTPC, slightly overclocked.
Runs Dirt 3 in full graphics, so it all depends on her gaming, i doubt you'll need a top of the line GPU. Im sure there should be a GPU out there to suit her, and has the right size.

She just corrected me last night. :argue:
-it's Not for midrange, she's all into highend gaming :cool:
Her current card is a GTS 250, and it fits into her current HTPC Case.
So it seems it should be able to fit a GTX560 if that's what she wants.
(thou it might require a new CPU/MOBO to get the full use of a new GPU?)

She just corrected me last night. :argue:
-it's Not for midrange, she's all into highend gaming :cool:
Her current card is a GTS 250, and it fits into her current HTPC Case.
So it seems it should be able to fit a GTX560 if that's what she wants.
(thou it might require a new CPU/MOBO to get the full use of a new GPU?)

What CPU and mainboard is she running right now?

There's no reason you should have to upgrade cpu/motherboard if she has a 250 in it already (at least physically: the GTS 250 uses the same PCIe slot all other current graphics cards use. Though if it's a slower processor it may be a bottleneck). You may need additional power to run the card though. Can you give us a rundown of what all she has? CPU, Motherboard, and power supply are the most important for this.

Look on newegg for case ideas and tell us what you (or she) like. It seems like the important thing to her is how it looks, but we don't really know what she likes. If you can give us something to go off of we can give you more ideas and tell you if that case would fit what you need, etc.

I finally managed to get around figuring it all out, find below shots of the case(AeroCool M40) and what it contains(missed the PSU i just realized, but seems this case only accommodates small(>140mm) PSU):

aerocoolm40cubeb.jpg

o7nclf.jpg

2qbamg2.jpg

2585q81.jpg

2enwcwp.jpg

Back