• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Gaming Is Not Dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How to make PC gaming not dead: $500 gaming computer, $750 gaming laptop.
How to make PC gaming more dead: $2800 laptop

Good thing I have a $500 gaming computer and $750 laptops which runs games just fine.

Yea, this is terrible. Completely terrible. If it was under 1000, than yea, it would be awesome. But its 2800 and it sucks.

However, they blackwidow ultimate keyboard they have is pretty sweet. I am using that now and I love it.

lol i have an old microsoft keyboard thats loud and very dirty and a logitech 2 button lazer mouse from 5 years ago with a regular cloth/felt mouse pad....keepin it old school

plus im leftie so all the kewl mice and keyboards dont work for me :(

wsad>iuok

I think you're all missing the design here...which is why it is not cheap. Everyone here dumps on an expensive laptop, but people are spending $1000+ on Intel cpus and $600+ on video cards all the time....etc etc. Same gamers were blowing hundreds on PhysX cards and Killer NICs back in the day.

Not saying I am a fan of thisl laptop....or Razer at all.

I think you're all missing the design here...which is why it is not cheap. Everyone here dumps on an expensive laptop, but people are spending $1000+ on Intel cpus and $600+ on video cards all the time....etc etc. Same gamers were blowing hundreds on PhysX cards and Killer NICs back in the day.

Yeah but calling PC gaming "not dead" when releasing a product that very few people will be purchasing is a contradiction. Cool new keyboard design, which is more gimicky than necessary.

So, what you're saying is the design is worth the price, but high end graphics cards and cpus, the parts that actually make an expensive computer live up to the hype in a sense, are not? I wouldn't be so annoyed of it if Razer had released a $3,000 laptop with $3,000 worth of horse power behind it. Just trying to explain my disappointment.

@Xterra - I half agree, but I think that's kind of the point he was making with things like the Physx cards and Killer NICs. Both drummed up a lot of hype about how they'd make games run smoother and look better, but then kind of fizzled.

Consumer's get fooled into a lot of things and Razor plans on fooling people into purchasing an over priced paper weight.

At least it isn't ugly like the hardcore gaming laptops, it is massively overpriced but apart from the Macbook Pro it is the only nice looking DTR I have ever seen.

Oh Razer y u so silly? They seem to come out with something new and highly over priced all the time. Like the Naga Epic?... $200USD for a wireless mouse, why?

1855648-shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

They're cheaper stuff is good. My Razer headset was $50, and it's great for gaming and extremely comfortable. Not the greatest for music, but that's what I have speakers for.

So, what you're saying is the design is worth the price, but high end graphics cards and cpus, the parts that actually make an expensive computer live up to the hype in a sense, are not? I wouldn't be so annoyed of it if Razer had released a $3,000 laptop with $3,000 worth of horse power behind it. Just trying to explain my disappointment.

Did you look at the laptop at all? Anyone else here actually read beyond the cpu and gpu specs? Once again....it is all about the DESIGN. It is thinner and lighter than your typical gaming laptops and it's trackpad is an actual LCD screen. Those features are what allows them to price it the way they

Did you look at the laptop at all? Anyone else here actually read beyond the cpu and gpu specs? Once again....it is all about the DESIGN. It is thinner and lighter than your typical gaming laptops and it's trackpad is an actual LCD screen. Those features are what allows them to price it the way they

You're absolutely right. But seeing the GPU/CPU and RAM, paired with a slim form factor design, I'd be willing to see if this design ever leaves concept. Thermals will be through the roof.

Yea, but it no way do the "design" elements make PC Gaming not dead. That was their entire slogan, and this laptop does not change a thing.

It is still overpriced even with the design elements. If you are going to spend that kind of money on a gaming PC, you're better off building one. LCD trackpad... sounds like a gimmick to me.

Hey, everyone laughed at Apple when they started selling overpriced junk to rubes, and it's working just fine for them. Maybe Razer wants a piece of the same market.

While the design is amazing, yes I do think the trackpad being a touch screen is an amazing idea/concept for gaming, this laptop is about gaming itself in the end right? So if I were going to drop 2800 bucks on something that plays games, I would not want it coming with a low end 555 mobile gpu! When new games come out in a year or 2 this thing will not be able to play them worth a damn. Sorry they missed the mark with it.

Back