• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Benchmark Buffet: Updated 8/24/11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we will again take a high-level look into the world of benchmarking: CPU and GPU benchmarks, benchmarking tools and much more. Specifically, we will be looking at thirteen point-scoring benchmarks listed at HWBOT.org as well as the more common utilities used for overclocking and submitting scores to their system. We also touch on system information and monitoring applications.

For those that have not heard of HWBOT, it is the premier online repository for submitting PC benchmarks and as a hardware specification resource. HWBOT is the ... Return to article to continue reading.

Couple typos in the article:

You have it written 'The a good OS for this benchmark is...'

Another good addition would be nVidia Inspector. Also the OS for the 3dmarks is card dependent. I've found that XP is better for 01-06 with nVidia and for ATI it is XP for 01 and vista32 for the others

Couple typos in the article:

You have it written 'The a good OS for this benchmark is...'

Another good addition would be nVidia Inspector. Also the OS for the 3dmarks is card dependent. I've found that XP is better for 01-06 with nVidia and for ATI it is XP for 01 and vista32 for the others

nVidia inspector would be a good addition.

Although, this is NOT the lounge. I have no idea why you're giving out what OS to use for which type of card... Or why it's in the 'Benchmark Buffet' :screwy:

EDIT: (and Sidenote: ) Time to bench for the first time in a while for me!

I figured if it is already in the buffet I may as well specify. It's not like it is hard to tell what OS the top 5 users of any benchmark used by looking at the screenshots on HWBot, or what driver they used. It's not like I'm mentioning special settings to be used, etc.

shakehead.gif

The point of the article is really high level 'tweaks'. Thats why there are no LOD typw applications in there. I personally deem Inspector as a more advanced tool do to the things that we, in the lounge, can do with it.

As far as telling OS's, while those things do help, its not a make or break to share information that is readily available at HWBOT.

The intent of the article was to help new people get in to benching. :)

I will take care of that typo...where specifically is it? ANd thanks for pointing that out. :)

at the end of the tips/tricks of the 2005/2006/vantage benchmark sections each have the typo.

and my thoughts exactly, Joe

Good work Joe....thanks for keeping this up to date :salute:
I still send people here regularly :thup:

Thank's for the info guy's, Real Temp is a great way to keep an eye on the Temp's, just like it say's on the cover...i7 2700k Noctua D-14 4.7ghz o/c top core temp@86c min core temp 77c

Back