• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 5570 Video card won't wake up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BachOn

Got a Saphirre Radeon HD 5570 budget video card on an Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard. (see full system below.) Latest BIOS.

After 10 minutes, my system is set to blank the monitor. The monitor wakes with a wiggle of the mouse or a keyboard touch. No problem.

But after 4 hours, the system goes into a power saving hibernation/sleep. (This originally was 2 hours.) Pressing the ON/Off button brings the unit back to life - EXCEPT - the monitor does not wake up. I've tried powering the monitor off, then on. But I get a message saying there is "No signal." So - that seems to point at the video card not waking up. Is there some other culprit here?

I downloaded the latest drivers and Catalyst software for the video card. I've checked all the settings within Catalyst, but see nothing that addresses this issue.

Went to the Microsoft site looking for possibles. Active X was listed as a possible. Downloaded new ActiveX software from there. Windows has been updating the system since I installed things about two weeks ago. This was orginally Service Pack 1.

Windows 7 (64 bit). A newly built first time Windows install. 1920 x1080 screen resolution. This resolution was recommended by either windows or the video card software. So that's what I use. Brand new monitor. Currently using a standard video cable (new - came with the monitor.)

I've got things overclocked to roughly 4.5 gig. BLCCLK is set to 101.4
The core speed is 45. I did up the CPU voltage to 1.3 volts. And the memory is 1.55 volts. SpeedStep is enabled so the speed and voltage changes constantly. The CPU is running about 30 C on idle. It climbs to around 68 C if I run Prime. But I don't think heat is the issue. After a reboot, the system returns me to Windows. And the video then works fine. Why won't the video card and monitor wake up after the hibernation/sleep? This card is in the first slot of the motherboard. No crossfire stuff is being used.

I'm stumped. Anybody have any ideas? :bang head

BachOn

Ran across this on another site. Apparantly, several low-end Radeon cards have exhibited this problem with a variety of motherboards. Haven't tried it yet, but thought I'd pass it along for others. I'm not ready to claim victory yet.

I have finally solved my wake problem...AsusP6X58D Premium MOBO. I have my storage set to AHCI instead of IDE in the bios...(My C drive is SSD) I finally found back in the Advanced tab the setting for > onboard device config> Marvell 9123 controller> Changed setting from IDE to AHCI. My PC wake like a charm now! I still generate a warning in the event view and every so often the fan runs high at resume, but slows within a second or two. Check to see if you guys have a similar setting? good luck!

What do you think?

BO

Radeon 5570 Video card

Hi!

I also experienced the same problem and hopefully you can help me.
I just bought a Sapphire Radeon 5570 Video Card two days ago, but until now I cannot use it. I also experienced when I install the video card to the motherboard and open the computer, my monitor goes blank - no signal. After I detached the video card from the motherboard and open the computer my monitor is working normally.
What did you do to resolve this problem?

Thank You! :)

Disable Hibernation and only allow the computer to enter Sleep mode. Or vice versa. One or the other might not work properly, though I can't remember which. Sleep/Hibernation may also cause issues with some SSD's.

Back