• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE BitFenix Announces Outlaw Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

BitFenix is set to release a new mid-tower ATX case in September 2011 called "Outlaw". Initial MSRP pricing is aimed at 39? (incl. 19% VAT), and $49 in the states.

Where does this name come from? BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt hints at the name in their official press release...

Return to article to continue reading.

FINALLY! You know how hard it is to find a decent case with the motherboard orientation like that?! Impossible most of the time.

I'm also a fan of the inverted orientation. It's been doable on a few cases for a while now, but I'm glad to see it when it shows up. I've had a CM Stacker case for about 6 years now that had that option available, though undocumented. It was meant to be convertable to BTX.

What happened to BTX, anyway?

While the case is very plain-jane like Tool_ said, it's surprisingly nice (to me) to see an ITX case that's simple, and could get the job done. I personally hate flashy cases, so an all black, smooth, simple case works wonders for me.

I also like the 120mm fan mounting places. :thup:

Nice and clean looking and I like the matching paint inside and out, not to mention the $49.00 price tag. It sure looks weird with the open side of the case on the reverse side though and I wish the front wasn't so closed. That looks a little restrictive on the intake fans.

Ive never been a fan of BitFenix cases, always thought they overstated the hardware inside them, however this is nice. Its sleek and aesthetically pleasing.
As for the inverted motherboard tray, I had never thought about it untill now, but seen as GPU's tend to produce more heat than cpu's, and heat rises, the GPU heat will be going straight out of the top, instead of going into the CPU. Dont know if it will really make that much of a difference. :shrug:

Back