• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Buzzing when doing load testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gortexx

Is it normal for my PSU to randomly buzz when I'm doing a P95 test? It does it intermittently sometimes for a while other times not at all...I just noticed this, it is 100% the PSU because when I stop the load test the buzzing stops. PSU is Corsair AX 850.

Edit: Also can this go away over time? I have read that it can.

OOps.. Just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Tow please!

Last edited:
Known issue with the AX line on earlier production runs. Not 100 percent sure but I heard that Corsair is offering an exchange. There is no threat to your hardware. As the whine-buzz is annoying, though, you may wish to contact Corsair. Make sure you do it by phone. They have... ´different´ people answering emails sometimes.

Ok...this is totally bizarre. I was really pissed and laying down last night to go to sleep when I realized the outside light and fan for the deck were on. Turned on my tv and sure enough my tv was buzzing really loud too! Turned off the fan switch and light switch and the psu is dead silent in any scenario. Guess I dodged a bullet there!

Sounds like they are all running off of a single circuit in your house and it could be pushing its limits with everything on.

My PC Power and Cooling PSU does the same thing when I fold on my video cards. The unit starts squeeling like a stuck pig. Had this PSU for 7 years and never had an issue with it. Assuming it is the same thing, short of being annoying I don't think it hurts anything.

Sounds like they are all running off of a single circuit in your house and it could be pushing its limits with everything on.

Nah, it was because apparently we had CFLs on a dimmer on the fan outside...changed the lights and no problems now.

Back