• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD5670 and no POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I finally decided to upgrade my fried x1900 to something a little newer. I picked up this well priced and reviewed XFX HD5670 and was all excited to plug it in and go when I picked it up last night. Unfortunately, I power on and get no POST. The debug on my board says code 29 which is initialization of video bios. I just got a response from XFX tech support citing compatibility issues with Nforce4. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there ANY way to work around this aside from buying a new mobo/cpu/memory?

P.S.
I have the latest bios for my mobo.

I finally decided to upgrade my fried x1900 to something a little newer. I picked up this well priced and reviewed XFX HD5670 and was all excited to plug it in and go when I picked it up last night. Unfortunately, I power on and get no POST. The debug on my board says code 29 which is initialization of video bios. I just got a response from XFX tech support citing compatibility issues with Nforce4. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there ANY way to work around this aside from buying a new mobo/cpu/memory?

P.S.
I have the latest bios for my mobo.

If there isn't a newer BIOS for your board thats fixes the issue with later cards chances are only other option to do buy a new board, if your happy with what you have CPU/RAM wise then just find a board say on Ebay with a better up-to-date chipset.

But if you can afford a light/medium build then I'd go for that there's plenty of decent medium level boards out there.

That's what I feared. It just so happens that I was given an AM2+ board with 2GB of memory. All I need to by is a CPU. I suppose my video card dying is forcing me to upgrade...though I was perfectly happy with my current setup.

Back