• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Milkyway@home cpu utilization problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SGxD_IgNite

Ok so here's the problem i have, i recently started crunching on Milkyway@home and I've noticed that depending on the work type i get different cpu utilization, i.e. if my cpu is running a PS_seperation project then i get 4 single work loads ( running a phenom 955 x4 ) but if it runs a PS_Nbody then i get all 4 cores running on the same project. My question is, can i set up BOINC in a certain way that my cpu only runs Nbody projects so that i can get more points out of my system. Thanks for your time.

That's not how these clients work. They call the server, ask for new work, accept whatever is thrown to them and start working.

If you only want to work certain types of projects you'd have to manually delete the one's you do not want and go from there. What you could try is allow BOINC to download say a month's worth of work, then delete out the ones you don't want and let it run only those left over... though time consuming it should give you something to work on all the time if you repeat the process.

Back