• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 DX11 patch wont go full screen!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

OK so I patched my version of Crysis 2 to the DX11 version and added the high detail texture package as well with no issues except that the screen is scaled down now and I can't get it to go full screen at 1920x1080 res.

This was a problem in Crysis 1 at 1920x1080 res and you had to toggle Alt+Enter a few times to get it to reset and work. But that trick is not working for Crysis 2.

Before the DX11 patch it played fullscreen at 1920x1080 and I do not have this issue with any other game or application. No my over/underscan is not scaled in ATI CCC (I would see that on the desktop) its set to full screen.

Only thing I noticed was that if I toggle the graphics option for 'Full Screen' in game it goes into a quasi window mode-boarder but the game itsself is full screen. The second you toggle back to full screen it scales down.

The scale down massively affects frame rate and playability for some reason! So I need to get this figured out.

Last edited:
OK so I went back to toggling between full screen and not full screen (in graphics options) and it went to actual full screen but crashed... oddd So I tried it again and it worked.... Resumed game and was off and running. I will have to try to reload from fresh to see if it works or not.

Weird thing is there is this delay in when the graphics seem to 'catch-up' with the game. Once 'warmed up' it plays fine but when the game is first loaded the frame rate is really low and then after a minute or so its back to normal.... I had this same issue when I played it on DX9 with dual 4890's.

I got it to work by toggling the full screen option 1 time, all the other times it either crashed my system or went back to a scaled window.

Notice how the green honeycomb pattern stops an inch from the edge of the screen all around?

Crysis2-Scaledwindow.jpg

With Full Screen option toggled the image fits the window but it has a boarder... When toggled back it sometimes stays full screen other times goes back to scale and sometimes crashes

Crysis2-ToggledFullscreen.jpg

Back