• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Build for $1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

I wasn't sure if I should add a post to my previous thread, but since a lot of information was going to be contradictory I've opted to start a new one.

My build is officially a go! The budget is a firm $1000 with shipping.

The only things I have now are a small SSD and the OS.

As the title suggests, the only thing I will be doing with this computer is gaming.

Hoping to place my order tomorrow and I'm struggling to get it under budget, thanks for your help!

Are you interested in ever buying a second video card as an upgrade? If you are, then go with this:
Capture.JPG
Don't forget promo codes! :)
1.JPG

Still having trouble hitting the budget mark, so I'll add some more specific decisions that need to be made. Since I'm only going to be gaming, I want to get the best video card possible. My only real requirement for the CPU is that it is not holding back the GPU.

Everything is locked in except:

CPU
Motherboard
GPU

Here's what I had picked out:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

PNY VCGGTX560TXPB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I was originally planning on a 570, so this was a little disappointing. I'm hoping I can compromise on the CPU to move back to a 570, but if that will bottleneck the GPU it's not worth it.

Summary:
So, I'm looking for the best gaming combo of CPU/Mobo/GPU for a budget of $530.

The 6950 I had in the build above is a bit more powerful then the 560Ti, and I believe it overclocks better.

Don't skimp on the CPU now, it's just that much faster that you'll have to replace everything. CPUs last a LOT longer then GPUs do.

Back