• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Project Log] Liquid cooled "U" desk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good!
Are you going to paint this? Perhaps a laminate top?
Also how do you drill those holes at that angle...is there a drill attachment for that?

I just built a basic desk a few weeks ago to get my stuff a little more organized. I would like to build a nice one eventually that integrates the computer, like yours does.Good work!

Looks good!
Also how do you drill those holes at that angle...is there a drill attachment for that?

I just built a basic desk a few weeks ago to get my stuff a little more organized. I would like to build a nice one eventually that integrates the computer, like yours does.Good work!

the surface is already finished in a laminate-like material. its called melmanine or whatever i called it on the first post. the edges are not finished, of course, and i will likely put some heat transfer melmanine edging on to match the desk surface.

im not sure what hole's you are referring to. if you are asking about the edging, it's a 1/4" round-over router bit.

Looks good!

the surface is already finished in a laminate-like material. its called melmanine or whatever i called it on the first post. the edges are not finished, of course, and i will likely put some heat transfer melmanine edging on to match the desk surface.

im not sure what hole's you are referring to. if you are asking about the edging, it's a 1/4" round-over router bit.

This

IMG_20110904_120539.jpg

Hes probably using an angle jig. The one I see the most frequently is the kreg k3 style ones.

Hes probably using an angle jig. The one I see the most frequently is the kreg k3 style ones.

Yes, if you are refering to the holes I drilled to allow me to fasten the pieces together, it was a Kreg jig.

Fantastic tool for what it's designed for.

It so needs LEDs

If anyone know's of some good looking, Blue LED, quiet, high flow fan's, i'm open to suggestions.

I currently have Asaka's in there now, and I love how quiet they are.

Oh, and I would really like for them to be PWM fans. in fact, thats probally the main requirement.

If anyone know's of some good looking, Blue LED, quiet, high flow fan's, i'm open to suggestions.

I currently have Asaka's in there now, and I love how quiet they are.

Oh, and I would really like for them to be PWM fans. in fact, thats probally the main requirement.

Coolermaster sickleflow leds are decent enough =]

Back