Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newegg declining

I've done business with Newegg for 10+ years. So based on my past experience, I gota say their service has declined.

Prices aren't any better than can be found in other places. Their manufacturer rebates are matched by other's pricing (and there is no 2 month wait for the refund). Shipping delivery has slipped at least a day.

While you might argue it is their supplier or shipper that is the problem, they are the one paying those folks and accepting the deals. And as big as they are, I don't accept the fact they have no leverage.
    ASUS Maximus Hero VI , Intel i7 4770K @4.5Ghz
    -- GSkill DDR3 2400 (2*4Gb) 9-11-11-31
    --
    Iwaki MD-20RLZT -> EK Sup. Univ. -> Chiller -> Resev
    --
    EVGA GTX680,Klipsch Promedia 4.1
    --
    Intel 510 120G, Crucial M4 120G, Sumsung 840Pro 512G
    --
    Corsair 1050 in Lian-Li PC-V1200
    --
    Win7 64-bit, Ubuntu 64-bit

I would have to agree with you on this... Prices on most items are only slightly better than the big box stores and order processing/shipping is slower than it has ever been. I remember the days when I would place an order on my lunch break between classes and would have it the next day...now it takes two days to process the order
    | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | 2500K | G.Skill 2x4Gb DDR3 1600 | Kingston V100 128Gb | EVGA GTX 570 | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt |
    Heatware

I love Newegg for shopping, just not buying lol. Their layout makes things easy to find, but I end up using Newegg strictly to find what I am looking for, then copy the part # to Amazon and buy it there. Amazon pricing is generally the same or better, charge me no tax, and I always have my items in 2 days or less (I am sold on the Prime program). Other than the occasional Shell Shocker deal or open box, I purchase elsewhere.
    NZXT Phantom Case
    AMD 1055Tx6 Processor OC'ed to 4ghz *Under Water*
    MSI 890FXA-GD70
    XFX Radeon HD 6950 X2 In Xfire *Under Water*
    16gb Kingston 1600 Hyperx Ram
    50gb Revodrive
    50gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    1TB WD Black HDD
    2TB Hitachi Green
    55" LG LED 3D 1080p TV 55LW5600
    Heatware

Senior Moment Senior Member
    I remember many years ago when they were the place to buy. The prices were the best of just about any online store and the selection was great, now its just another store that gets almost retail. but they do have just about anything that you could want.
    if it screams, crank it. if it cries, kill it

Asrock z77 ex6
    2600k @4.8ghz
    Samsung 2x4gb rams
    OCZ Vertex4 256gb ssd
    EVGA GTX480
    Sparkle 1250 gold PSU
    Arc Midi case

I use them and Amazon for reviews primarily...or detailed pictures of an item. I sure as hell do not go for big box stores.
    "There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong,
    or useless pain. The sort of pain that's only suffering. I have no
    patience for useless things."

I have to say that their site in a pain in the butt. I figured out that I could only use internet explorer (which I disdain) and even then it only works when it wants to. For instance I have been trying to buy something all morning, however every time I try to pull up my cart to check out the web page times out. Freaking ridiculous, I am pretty much at the point of going to another site because of this crap, but again I can't find what I want cheaper somewhere else. (trust me I have looked for the past 2 days!) Catch 22
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Strange, I've never had an issue with their site. I've used all kinds of browsers (chrome, opera, firefox, ie). Maybe you need to clear your cache/temporary Internet files?

And I agree, I generally only buy from them with a big sale or open box.

I have tried everything with their site. I know it's crazy, but I have been through 3 different routers, used FF, Chrome, and IE. I dont know. It's strange to say the least
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    This isn't the first of these threads but I've (thankfully) not seen any of these issues. Sure, prices are higher for somethings, but I always shopped around anyway. They're still cheaper than most for many items. On occasion, order processing does seem to take a little longer than it did back in the day, but not enough to even justify a complaint email. Most of my stuff ships the day after I order. Day-of-order shipping is definitely more rare now.

I've never had any problems with their web site using Chrome or Firefox.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

I still get everything in one day unless it ships from a different warehouse which isn't often. Still, if I'm not in a big hurry I can usually save 10 or 20 bucks at amazon on a video card or whatever. If something is on sale then newegg all day long.
    []Intel 3570k 4.4ghz~Asus P8Z77-V pro~TRUE spirit 140 power[]Mushkin Blackline 2x4gb[]Gtx 780 direct cu II oc[]Dell U2713HM[]Samsung 840 Evo 500gb~Spinpoint F3 1tb[]Pioneer BDR-206[]Corsair AX850[]Fractal Midi R2[]Leopold Tenkeyless~Deathadder 2013[]Harman Kardon HK990~Denon AH-D7000[]

SELLER FEEDBACK

LIAN LI PC-V1020A FOR SALE

The only thing I hate about newegg is UPS. Seems like it takes forever and on the delivery date it is so inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get the packages at 12AM, other times I'll get it past 6. So far my recent orders with fedex arrived at before 10AM.

Their open box prices are freaking crazy though, I recently bought a 27.5" monitor for $123
    NZXT Tempest Case
    Intel DP67BG Mobo with Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7ghz
    12GB DDR3 1333
    128 Crucial M4 SSD
    750gb Samsung Spinpoint Sata Hard Drive
    750gb Western Digital Sata Hard Drive
    2x 2TB Samsung F3 Hard Drives
    2x R9 290 In Crossfire
    27" 2560x1440 Shimian Monitor plus 2x 21.5" AOC e2243fw 1080p
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G5 Mouse
    HEAT

I've still always had great results from NewEgg. I don't have any complaints. Maybe I'm just not shopping around enough...
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
    Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4 DDR3 1600
    ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum
    Enermax Revolution 850 watt modular PSU
    Rosewill Thor2 full tower
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by jmh547 View Post
    I would have to agree with you on this... Prices on most items are only slightly better than the big box stores and order processing/shipping is slower than it has ever been.
    I noticed the price thing as well, but shipping/processing still seems quick for me. Packing quality is, well, I can't say how I truly feel here without the mods getting pissed. A few things tossed into a box with some balled up pieces of paper is not a way to ship fragile components. Still think their customer service is top notch though.
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

I've done business with them for so many years and have never had issues. They don't have the lowest prices on everything anymore, but I can live with that since their customer service has always been so great for me. I've never had to pay a restocking fee or had issues with RMA's or anything.

My only complaint is when they did away with the free fedex 3 day shipping. It actually took 3 days to get something and it wasn't beat up when it got to me. I don't even know why ups bothers to give a specific day count. 3 days may take 4, 5, 8 who knows. They may deliver to the wrong address and somehow it is Newegg's responsibility to find my package. Stupid UPS...
    EVGA 750i SLI FTW, Q6600 @ 3200mhz 1.325v, vdroop mod, Kingston pc8500 4gb, 2x 8800GT in SLI, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB,WD 320GB for games, Xclio 650w psu, Scythe Infinity 2X Kingwin 80cfm 120mm fans, X-fi xtreme gamer, Windows 7 Ultimate

Bill Gates over heard saying "If i had a penny for every time Windows Crashed... Oh wait, I do."

I remember a thread that was made just like this 5 years ago... so strange.

Open box products can still be good at least.
    i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz (24/7)

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    I recently had an interesting run in with them. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...&postcount=843

They handled the RMA fine, as expected, but the original problem is what confuses me. I'll sum it up quickly.

1) Old product worked for me in the past, had it bookmarked for future reference.
    2) I wanted to order new cases, and this part was included at 50% off! Ordered part.
    3) Got the part to realize that it is a completely different product.
    4) New part is completely unusable and has to be sent back.

Here is the kicker. When they changed the part out to something completely different, they only changed the picture. The description and title were for the old product and completely wrong. I did a search on the actual part and it was under a different manufacturer (subsidiary of the main company). I went to the parent company's website and could find no trace of this mysterious swapped part. They refused to send the proper one (since the model number and description matched the correct part), but allowed me to send back the wrong one. Thanks guys.

I know I should have looked it over, but when the title, description and price match what it was in the past, you expect it to be the same part. I don't know if this was intentional or a mistake. It just seems odd.

Will I still buy there? Yes, I have already ordered parts since then. But, I'm going to be much more cautious and probably start looking elsewhere.
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

Maybe they are just struggling to keep up capacity in your area? Ever since the NJ warehouse opened 3 day shipping has been next day, and orders placed before 1-2pm est ship same day for me. Between my orders and my companies I have never seen anything worse than that (sans massive storms), and I place a few hundred orders a year.
    Main Comp (Win 7): ASUS R4E; i7-3930k @ 4.9GHz; G.Skill Ripjaw Z 4x4GB @ 2133MHz; Nvidia GTX780; Custom Watercooling
    3x Asus VW246H eyefinity; Polk Audio Monitor 40's (L,R), CS10 (C), Klipsch KG^4 (S), Sony STR-DA1000ES; all in a custom built desk

Folding User Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CJ145 View Post
    Maybe they are just struggling to keep up capacity in your area? Ever since the NJ warehouse opened 3 day shipping has been next day, and orders placed before 1-2pm est ship same day for me. Between my orders and my companies I have never seen anything worse than that (sans massive storms), and I place a few hundred orders a year.
    I don't know what it is but I live about an hour maybe an hour and a half from their NJ facility and it takes an absolute minimum of 4 days from order to receive my package with the average about 6 business days....

I too remember, and miss, the days of free 3 day FedEx... but I hear FedEx and UPS are merging, they are going to call it FedUp. yea, bad joke...
    | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | 2500K | G.Skill 2x4Gb DDR3 1600 | Kingston V100 128Gb | EVGA GTX 570 | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | OCZ Fatal1ty 550 watt |
    Heatware

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    I must say that I do miss the FedEx 3 day shipping. UPS is kinda meh to me (I don't really like their tracking as it can be slow to update information) and especially the DHL slower than the pony express, will deliver whenever they are good and ready shipping method is just annoying. I've looked at great deals on Newegg before and when I've seen that it uses the Eggsaver, I've passed on the deal just because it's annoying to wait a week or more for something.

*edit: While I agree that you can't control what happens in the shipping process, I most definitely agree 100% with the comment on you can emulate control by changing your primary shipping company and the deals they make in purchase agreements.
    Last edited by mbentley; 09-07-11 at 05:18 AM.
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

i wish there was a USPS option, would help out in a ew ways, cheaper than UPS and they wont wait till quoted day to deliver an item they will deliver it early if its gets there
    Phenom II "X6 1605T" @ 3.00Ghz
    Sythe Yasa 6 Pipe Cooler
    Biostar TA890FXE
    16Gig G.SKILL Ripjaws 9-9-9-25 2T 667Mhz
    MSI R7870 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC
    Seagate 320Gig 7200.11
    Seagate 1024Gig 7200.14
    OCZ Stealth X Stream 600
    LG LightScribe DVD Burner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast