• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg declining

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I have to say that aside from their website, they seem to be getting stuff to me pretty quickly. I ordered a psu, and a new cd/dvd rw on Sunday it left yesterday and is scheduled for delivery today. I can't complain about 1 day shipping for 4.99. I just hope that it works when it gets here

i wish there was a USPS option, would help out in a ew ways, cheaper than UPS and they wont wait till quoted day to deliver an item they will deliver it early if its gets there

Eggsaver. Although you cannot choose it unless they offer it for free. And you wouldn't want to. If they could cut DHL out of the picture, then it would be golden (with Sat delivery). But the DHL hand-off adds 1-2 days, and the tracking sucks.

Bought ram recently due to the prices, and it didn't ship until the next day even though it was before noon. So that cost me the weekend. And this actually mattered due to me waiting on the new ram in order to remove and ship the old ram to a buyer. And in the end it ended up taking 7 days, from Tennessee to Chicago. Buyer not happy, I'm not happy.

Looking at my account, it is starting to get a bit silly with how much coin I have tossed their way. Not really much reason to anymore...

I will be checking BUY.com from now on because their shipping is absolutely same day before 3pm, and even the free shipping takes just one day to me.

open box and customer service is great. Everything else is ok at the very least. I find myself going to amazon if price or shipping is a factor but if the egg can match them I'll send my money that way every time.... after I exhaust the used market that is :)

Open boxes are still a hit or miss. A crap shoot. Either you get a great deal out of it or you get just the main part, missing everything else including the frickin' hard to find replacement propriety cable or part.

If you are paitent and really want to save a few dollars, open boxes could be a good deal. Do test the product very thoroughly for defect like a dud memory slot on mobo or GPU card that only shows artifact under full load.

open box and customer service is great.

Well that's good about the open box stuff. There was a 10% discount code for cables in one of the recent emails so a few days ago got an open box active displayport adapter. First open box item from newegg. Figured it is supposed to be _just_ a cable so I don't need to worry about anything missing.

Eggsaver. Although you cannot choose it unless they offer it for free. And you wouldn't want to. If they could cut DHL out of the picture, then it would be golden (with Sat delivery). But the DHL hand-off adds 1-2 days, and the tracking sucks.
Eggsaver makes DealExtreme's shipping look decent by comparison. If I see something small that I want from Newegg and it includes Eggsaver, I'll pass and buy it on Amazon or eBay instead.

I'll still buy stuff like videocards and boards on Newegg as the prices are usually upwards of the best I can find and the layout makes it easy to find the features I want. I've started buying harddrives at the local TD stores though as they usually match or beat Newegg and returns are easy as there's no shipping involved. I would never buy anything from Tigerdirect's site though, as the one time I did (IP-phone) it actually took them 3 business days plus the weekend to process and ship the order.

For me:
No problems web site; EVER, with any browser.
Prices are competitive or better than BB, OD and staples.
I have had some shipping issues but they made it good.
I hate UPS but I could pay for Fed-EX

Eggsaver makes DealExtreme's shipping look decent by comparison. If I see something small that I want from Newegg and it includes Eggsaver, I'll pass and buy it on Amazon or eBay instead.

I'll still buy stuff like videocards and boards on Newegg as the prices are usually upwards of the best I can find and the layout makes it easy to find the features I want. I've started buying harddrives at the local TD stores though as they usually match or beat Newegg and returns are easy as there's no shipping involved. I would never buy anything from Tigerdirect's site though, as the one time I did (IP-phone) it actually took them 3 business days plus the weekend to process and ship the order.

If the default shipping is eggsaver make sure you check the shipping options. Many times 3 day is free as well, you just need to select it.

I've read a lot of generalizations in this thread or issues that aren't Newegg at all (carriers) but there will always be issues with any company. Just because you've had a bad order or two with one retailer but nothing bad has happened at another is no cause for a rant thread. "Good ol' days aside".

Personally, I have NEVER had any issues with their customer service. Email them. I've gotten whatever I've asked for, within reason (it helps to be courteous). Pricing? Well shop around, if you can find it for $5 less somewhere else so be it, no reason to **** on newegg because of it. Shipping? Again I've never had any issues but that doesn't mean they don't get busy. Most of the time my orders are processed and shipped the same day as long as it's before noon pacific and/or it's before 6pm at whatever warehouse the item(s) ships from. (UPS not delivering until the 3rd day in your area is not newegg's fault)

I get it though, a few bad experiences can put a sour taste in anyone's mouth. Hell, I won't buy Gigabyte because of one board a few years ago but that doesn't give me the right to bad mouth them. Especially since I didn't contact customer service to see if they could help me.

My main gripes with the egg...

Old free fedex shipping was awesome. From New Jersey to Upstate New York was usually 1 day, often including processing time. Then they changed to whatever god aweful free shipping option they use now and I'm lucky to get it in a week from the same warehouse.

Some of their cheaper products are questionable. I ordered some camera batteries that were utter crap, had to rma them both back and pay restocking. A day after I rma'd, the product was pulled/discontinued. They really should have refunded me my entire order (PLUS return shipping) as it was obvious that the manufacturer was selling knockoffs and/or defective products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830993503

Otherwise I have a history going back roughly 10 years with Newegg and 99% of my purchases have been satisfactory. I always shop for the best deal, although a few times recently I used Bill Me Later for interest free repayment and Newegg of course uses that so even if I save 5% elsewhere I might save a lot more in interest savings buying it from the egg with 6 months no interest. If I can afford to I just pay cash... ;)

Last edited:
If the default shipping is eggsaver make sure you check the shipping options. Many times 3 day is free as well, you just need to select it.

I know I checked last time, and 3-day was 5.99. I seriously contemplated doing that. But in the end I'm glad I didn't as Newegg didn't ship same day, and it still would have cost me the weekend.

And I have to correct my earlier post. Ive used Eggsaver twice recently. The first time they used DHL for the pickup, and the last (terrible) time was UPS. Combined DHL/USPS tracking was actually ok and the shipping time was acceptable.

TBH I just go with the cheapest shipping and expect to get it when I get it. I'm over getting pissed because it was supposed to be 3 day shipping and it took 6. UPS just doesn't care.

Back