• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Roxio or Nero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingB

I got a new burner (LG 24x12x40x) It comes with Roxio software for burning (Not the full version **You still have to purchase/upgrade to the full version**)

I am used to using Nero (demo) and am not sure about Roxio. I want all the full features and was wondering if I should go for Roxio or get the Nero full version??

I think Roxio used to be Adaptec???

Roxia was Adaptec EZ CD Creator. I've got both and use them for different types of jobs as I feel each has its own strong suits.

If I were to choose between the two, I'd have to pick Nero. Just seems to be a little more powerful to me than Roxio and alot more versatile for some reason. Costs less too, if I'm not mistaken.

Have also had several lockup problems using Roxio and is hard to get working on some systems. Never a problem out of Nero though.

I used to use Roxio, but it didn't like XP so I changd to Nero and its a lot better.

Possibly Nothing Valuable

IMHO - Roxio's program may be a slight bit more user friendly to the beginning user, but if one takes the little extra effort to really get familiar with Nero's way of doing things it is the better choice. I can honestly say I have never produced a "coaster" with Nero, I can't make that claim with EZCD.

Bah! My vote is for Roxio. I can't stand Nero. Nero is the only one that's made coasters for me. Roxio has ran at 100% so far.

I too support Nero. After extensive use of both Nero and Roxio's newst platinum suite, I go for Nero. Like it was posted above, Roxio is a little more user friendly for the beginner, but Nero's benefits make it the better choice.

I like nero much better than roxio, I have both full versions and find roxio not to be as compatible with Xp as nero, although I tend to use the integrated cd burning software in Xp alot moren than both.I have had a lot more unsuccesful burns with Roxio..:mad:

I use both, too. Once you know what you are doing
Nero is far better. If you can only have one, go Nero.

isnt Eazy Cd creator from Roxio? if so, then nero is by far better. you couldnt pay me to use ezcd. i'm still mad about a little incident that happend a while ago. . .involving some claimed successful burnsthat turned out to be crap.

Blackearth said:
isnt Eazy Cd creator from Roxio? if so, then nero is by far better. you couldnt pay me to use ezcd. i'm still mad about a little incident that happend a while ago. . .involving some claimed successful burnsthat turned out to be crap.

Yes, EZ Creator is from Roxio which used to be part
of Adaptec. Yea, they burned people on the Windows
2000 upgrade. :mad:

Just my .002 here, but I have to agree with the majority.

I have the roxio ti 5 ver, with the latest patch. What a crock! Even with the patch it still won't run with XP.

I'm talkin the only time I've ever seen the "blue screen of death" with XP, was a direct result of this software, even after the patch. :mad:

Luckily I have a dual boot, so I go into 98SE to use it.

I'm getting Nero a.s.a.p. :cool:

i've had both retail versions of roxio (platinum) and nero (demo). roxio has never worked for me properly on the 98se and xp with all the current updates. nero has always worked almost without a hitch.

Back