• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Forum Challenge - Winner Gets a Sandybridge Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mass PM! I do it all the time :rofl:

What about email? The users would need to allow emails from administration though. However, some people may use emails they don't actually use for registration.
Or, everyone could just hit the "Today's Posts" link at the top. That way everyone isn't all segregated and shiznit.

What about email? The users would need to allow emails from administration though. However, some people may use emails they don't actually use for registration.

A secondary email contact profile slot for stuff from the admins would come in handy. I'm sure the vast majority of us have our ISP email listed for classifieds but really use gmail or whatever. I know I haven't checked my ISP email since I needed to for the classies :)

Or, everyone could just hit the "Today's Posts" link at the top. That way everyone isn't all segregated and shiznit.

I just tried that and it shows a ton of posts in sections I have zero interest in. I would not want to have to sift through all those threads just to find a possible contest announcement.

Wait, you don't use the get new posts? I actually figured everyone did that, but then my browsing is the opposite side of the spectrum from you - the only sections I visit directly are the ones I'm responsible for checking, plus GD and benching. Typically I'm searching for new posts, or searching for unanswered posts. If you search for new posts regularly, you never miss topics that get hot - they are always getting bumped.

Given your browsing habits, and the fact you do not use get new posts, would you find an area that lists hot threads, popular threads, and stuff like that interesting/useful?

This calls for a poll...

EDIT - Poll created: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686344

Given your browsing habits, and the fact you do not use get new posts, would you find an area that lists hot threads, popular threads, and stuff like that interesting/useful?

I probably wouldn't even see it. Now, if there was an 'announcements' button up top with a (#) like the PMs have, I'd definitely check it when something popped up, as long as it wasn't used to announce every single front page story :p

edit: Just looked, right under where it says '# new private messages' would be perfect: '# new system messages.'

Not a bad idea, I really hate when notices stack up or get messy above the forum listings. Need a system/message everyone thing that notifies like PMs.

Enough about the announcements... What I want to know is: When am I getting my new and "unreleased" Gigabyte Maximus IV Extreme? :D

that's what happens when u are browsing with a mobile device and can't see everything clearly!! :p

Back