• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI Calls Gigabyte's PCIe Gen3 Support "Fake"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rather than us going through the head-ache using google translation, why not help us what is that all about ?

Just the summary.

That's an Article Gigabyte will reference too but a link below that will also link to another article of them saying that they have very high doubts that GBT will support it :)

This was an interesting situation, and I think both sides have a point. The only board that says anything about PCI-E 3.0 is Sniper 2 and that should run gen 3 fine because it has the switches. As far as I know no other GB board shows anything about PCI-E 3.0 on the box. However, GB then released that press release saying they added 3.0 support with a BIOS update on a large list of boards. Problem is that these boards have the gen 2 switches so I highly doubt it will work to full spec. So yes it was probably a mistake on GB's part to say that in the press release. MSI then made a big deal out of it and relased that document showing tests of GB boards basically saying GB lies and their boards wont do 3.0.

I thought MSI was pretty classless the way they went about calling out GB, with all the slides on “fake gen 3” and fail and this and that.

msi1.png

Will be interesting to see what happens as GB has made no official statement on all of this. If this goes to the courts I guess it depends what "native support for PCI Express Gen. 3 technology" actually implies. Does that mean full bandwidth? Who knows, but it is amusing to watch them duke it out. :D

Last edited:
Back