• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Both are TRASH as far as quality goes.

Try picking one from the PSU guide in my signature. Something like Corsair TX/HX/AX you cannot go wrong with.

If you list what you want to power we can give you a wattage to shoot for.

WOW really? This is all i need? I have been on multiple psu calculators and they said that i need more than 500 Watts. But does this still leave room for expansion?

Yes. That PSU will run a single GPU and any single CPU with no problems. If you want more headroom, go 650TX v2.

My sigged, primary PC pulls 420W from the wall at full load. That's with the x6 at 3.5GHz and the HD 6950 at stock speeds. Assuming (guessing?) that my PSU is about 80% efficient at that load, that means the power it's drawing from the power supply itself is only about 340W. At stock speeds, you're looking at probably a 280W system, tops, and probably 325W or so overclocked to "average" speeds on the respective components.

A CX500 would be plenty. An EA-650 will definitely take you anywhere you need to go with that system.

Back