Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

AMD Bulldozer Breaks CPU Frequency World Record

8429.38MHz is the new CPU Frequency World Record claimed by a near-production desktop version of AMD's FX Bulldozer CPU! Overclockers.com witnessed the event first hand in Austin, TX at AMD Headquarters on August 31st during an AMD FX pre-launch briefing, and the record is set to be confirmed by the Guinness Book of World Records and HWBot.org. The new AMD FX record smashes AMD's previous best of 7378.25MHz set with...
    ... Return to article to continue reading.
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 09-13-11 at 08:09 AM.

2. Thanks!

David (09-13-11)

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front
    Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Those are absolutely amazing results! 5Ghz on air too...? Nice, looks like AMD has a hell of a clocker on its hand at minimum!!!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    That's awesome. I have renewed faith in Bulldozer. Can't wait to begin seeing performance results

Main Rig: 4770K | NH-D14 | Z87 Sabertooth | 16GB (2x8GB) Sniper 1833 | Powercolor 7950 | Seasonic 860W Platinum
    Home Server: 4130T | NH-C12P | Z87-G55 | 8GB (2x4GB) Ares 2133 | Seasonic X650

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    Yup, 5Ghz on air consistently is the word, though there wasn't much air overclocking going on at the demo. Should be interesting!
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    A CPU finally toppled Cedar Mill for frequency. Looking forward to SuperPi and wPrime results to see how they compare to other current CPUs
    i7 4770K | ASRock Z87M OC Formula | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic X750
    Pentium G3258 | ASUS Z87I-Deluxe | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | 5x2TB RAIDZ | Corsair CX430

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (101-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Rosetta Profile
    Brilliant, this is what i was hoping for
    E8400 @ 4GHz w/ Noctua NH-D14 + Coolermaster R4 fans
    Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
    HD6950 @ 1000/1475 1.3V w/arctic extreme plus (modded bios)
    X-25M
    All on a cross flashed P5K-SE/EPU @ 445FSB
    HSPC Large Tech Station
    3Dmark11
    E6231P4909X1496
    ***Rosetta Multi-Millionaire***

Classic Moderator Admin
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile
    I only wish I could get that entire tray of Bulldozer's as a birthday gift.

Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    Yup, 5Ghz on air consistently is the word, though there wasn't much air overclocking going on at the demo. Should be interesting!
    That sounds very promising! That would be excellent news for AMD to have a 6-core that could run daily type o.c. in the 4.6Ghz and up to 5.0Ghz range.
    Haswell/IB/SB on a Dimastech Bench table.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNo5ss View Post
    A CPU finally toppled Cedar Mill for frequency. Looking forward to SuperPi and wPrime results to see how they compare to other current CPUs
    Can't wait to start discussing that either, as I knew our audience would look to that very quickly - it took all of a few minutes for someone to bring it up!
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Does anyone have any of that information...........?

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Awesome post, Matt. Crazy impressive clocking there! Did you snag one of those CPUs on the way out?

Now only a short time before other benchmarks start rolling in, let's hope for some competition!
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    Earthdog, we had a great opportunity to be briefed on the architecture and performance from AMD - only about 20 sites were invited to get an inside look and ask questions as they walked us through what to expect in preparation for launch. As launch draws closer, you'll be hearing more official word from us as well as other sites on all information aside from the overclocking demonstration part of our visit.
    The OC Forums Way

Very Welcoming Senior
    Premium Member #11

10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile
    Thanks for the info & congrats to AMD on their Bulldozer cpu.

Glad to hear about this for many reasons........Better top up your

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    I can't wait to get my hands on one and see what it can do. This is what I've been waiting to hear and defiently need to know how it stacks up to other CPU's with Super Pi and WPrime.

Senior Memory Guru
    Premium Member #19

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Rosetta Profile
    Thanks for info
    With my luck even if I get one then I finish with something like 6GHz on 2.5V ... but really 2V+ is already promising as they're not as fragile as latest intels ...

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile
    Whoa!

/me steals some LHe from the NMR lab. ...
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
    The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Hmm... 8 Cedar Mill cores shrunk and put on a single CPU...

If Bulldozer is close to as efficient as SB, then the higher GHz could make up for any possible lack of efficiency for benchers.
    i7 4770K | ASRock Z87M OC Formula | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic X750
    Pentium G3258 | ASUS Z87I-Deluxe | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | 5x2TB RAIDZ | Corsair CX430

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Good point Matt! If they do improve their clock for clock performance to be at SB or just behind, those clock speeds, even on LN2, would likely more than make up for it.

Damn... I havent been with AMD since S939 days...(runs to newegg to check out AMD mobo's)...

Did I see a 6.5Ghz Vantage labeled chip? Sexy, like Gulftown, only better.

I once overclocked an Intel
    in a nightmare and
    it was HORRIBLE Senior

OCF's Plaything
    Author Profile Benching Profile
    Finally I can scream out these numbers to everyone.

Chew* is going to make it difficult for me.
    (╯v)╯︵ ┻━┻
    currently has .2738428927348 internets
    create your own rules to find the answer
    be proud of the pink stars
    Earthdog: New codename for SB for extreme overclockers... BLEH.

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

I've never even seen an AMD CPU or mobo in person, much less owned one... The closest I've come to owning a AMD CPU or mobo is having an nVidia GPU shipped to me in an AMD mobo box

Of course I jumped on a 2600K + eVGA P67 yesterday for ~$335... I'm hoping it wasn't a bad decision...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast