• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Bulldozer Breaks CPU Frequency World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chew* is going to make it difficult for me.
Do we have a YAWN emoticon...or can we change your user title to Lip Service? :p

If I dont see you hitting 8Ghz+ shortly after its release, Im going to pin you down and rub Intel products all over you. :rofl:

This is indeed very exciting news for the benchm,arking communioty, well done AMD.:salute:
I now hope the benchmarks will hold candle to the SB architecture, that will be a breakthrough for the green coats:shock:

Question...

Were the RAM timings being reported incorrectly by CPUz? I mean 900MHz @ 2-16-2-22???

Question...

Were the RAM timings being reported incorrectly by CPUz? I mean 900MHz @ 2-16-2-22???

if not... screw the chip... GIVE ME THOSE DOM GT'S! lol

Looks like things could get interesting very soon :thup:

Of course I jumped on a 2600K + eVGA P67 yesterday for ~$335... I'm hoping it wasn't a bad decision...

:eek: Thats the worst decision made by anyone ever. Just the i7 would be $372 over here :facepalm:

Apologies for diverting attention away from the bulldozer, i'm sure it will be so efficient they will bring out a mobile version btw :D

I would not be surprised if the ram timings on BD acted similar to those on the llanos at there initial launch. Which was buggy for the first few revisions.

Can't wait to pick one of these up and abuse it :D

Very very nice! I look forward to having one of my own. Hopefully you won't need 8ghz to compete with the current intel line up as far as spi and other benches go.

:eek: Thats the worst decision made by anyone ever. Just the i7 would be $372 over here :facepalm:
Lol, I know it wasn't a bad decision for general purposes. If BD out performs SB in benching, then I'll be annoyed since the reason I got SB is for GPU benching :rolleyes:

I'm just eager to see benchmarks other than validations.

I honestly cant see BD outperforming SB in benchmarks, is the architecture so different from previous AMD to give it that jump??

I honestly cant see BD outperforming SB in benchmarks, is the architecture so different from previous AMD to give it that jump??

Hopefully it takes a bigger stride than the previous generation transition. If so, BD at 7.6+ on LN2 might be able to hang with SB @ 5.8+.... here's to hoping. Temporarily obviously as SB-E is on the horizon

I think we'll probably be able to talk about finalized pricing, arch/specs, and performance all at the same time in the future... When we talk about these topics, we'll talk in the context of where Bulldozer is positioned in the market and where it isn't. How all of those variables come together will be the determinant for people really interested in results we haven't discussed yet.

I think we'll probably be able to talk about finalized pricing, arch/specs, and performance all at the same time in the future... When we talk about these topics, we'll talk in the context of where Bulldozer is positioned in the market and where it isn't. How all of those variables come together will be the determinant for people really interested in results we haven't discussed yet.
Any ETA on when we could look for this info to be released? Not the chip, but the info.

Back