• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Bulldozer Breaks CPU Frequency World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

8429.38MHz is the new CPU Frequency World Record claimed by a near-production desktop version of AMD's FX Bulldozer CPU! Overclockers.com witnessed the event first hand in Austin, TX at AMD Headquarters on August 31st during an AMD FX pre-launch briefing, and the record is set to be confirmed by the Guinness Book of World Records and HWBot.org. The new AMD FX record smashes AMD's previous best of 7378.25MHz set with...

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are absolutely amazing results! 5Ghz on air too...? Nice, looks like AMD has a hell of a clocker on its hand at minimum!!! :clap:

Yup, 5Ghz on air consistently is the word, though there wasn't much air overclocking going on at the demo. Should be interesting!

A CPU finally toppled Cedar Mill for frequency. Looking forward to SuperPi and wPrime results to see how they compare to other current CPUs :D

I only wish I could get that entire tray of Bulldozer's as a birthday gift.
:)

Yup, 5Ghz on air consistently is the word, though there wasn't much air overclocking going on at the demo. Should be interesting!

That sounds very promising! That would be excellent news for AMD to have a 6-core that could run daily type o.c. in the 4.6Ghz and up to 5.0Ghz range.

A CPU finally toppled Cedar Mill for frequency. Looking forward to SuperPi and wPrime results to see how they compare to other current CPUs :D

Can't wait to start discussing that either, as I knew our audience would look to that very quickly - it took all of a few minutes for someone to bring it up!

Awesome post, Matt. Crazy impressive clocking there! Did you snag one of those CPUs on the way out? :sn:

Now only a short time before other benchmarks start rolling in, let's hope for some competition!

Earthdog, we had a great opportunity to be briefed on the architecture and performance from AMD - only about 20 sites were invited to get an inside look and ask questions as they walked us through what to expect in preparation for launch. As launch draws closer, you'll be hearing more official word from us as well as other sites on all information aside from the overclocking demonstration part of our visit.

Thanks for the info :thup: & congrats to AMD on their Bulldozer cpu. :clap:

Glad to hear about this for many reasons........Better top up your :popcorn:

I can't wait to get my hands on one and see what it can do. This is what I've been waiting to hear and defiently need to know how it stacks up to other CPU's with Super Pi and WPrime.

Thanks for info :)
With my luck even if I get one then I finish with something like 6GHz on 2.5V :p ... but really 2V+ is already promising as they're not as fragile as latest intels ...

Hmm... 8 Cedar Mill cores shrunk and put on a single CPU... :rofl:

If Bulldozer is close to as efficient as SB, then the higher GHz could make up for any possible lack of efficiency for benchers.

Good point Matt! If they do improve their clock for clock performance to be at SB or just behind, those clock speeds, even on LN2, would likely more than make up for it.

Damn... I havent been with AMD since S939 days...(runs to newegg to check out AMD mobo's)...

Did I see a 6.5Ghz Vantage labeled chip? Sexy, like Gulftown, only better. :p

Finally I can scream out these numbers to everyone. :D

Chew* is going to make it difficult for me.

I've never even seen an AMD CPU or mobo in person, much less owned one... The closest I've come to owning a AMD CPU or mobo is having an nVidia GPU shipped to me in an AMD mobo box :D

Of course I jumped on a 2600K + eVGA P67 yesterday for ~$335... I'm hoping it wasn't a bad decision...

Back