• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

controller question / request

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obryand

controller question / request

I have a question that you may be able to help me out with, I am looking to control two things with a computer while only needing to press "start" once.

One of the things I would like to control is a mechanical traction table which you can view from the link below, it is basically a mechanical massage table that you lay on. You turn the timer dial from 1- 30 minutes to turn it on. After the timer dials down it turns off automatically.

The other is a small clip (10 min) on a DVD, that can be played on the computer using any of the popular video players.

The goal is to have the people lay on the table, press the play/start button on the screen and it starts the traction table and the video together. After the 8 minutes is up the video will stop as will the massage table. It will reset on its own for the next person to lay on it and press play/start again.

If you could tell me if you sell something like this, can produce this, or know of anyone else who may be able to help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. Any additional information that you need please email me at obryanatlife (at) yahoo.

Thanks

Traction Table
http://www.pivotalhealthsolutions.com/Products/525-eurotech-roller-massage-table-att300.aspx

Welcome to the forum obryand,

:welcome:

Are these two computers on the same network? If so, you could use HotkeyNet. It's free, and it works wonderfully. Takes a small bit of understanding to get it setup, but it's fairly easy to get going. You might also want to take a look at Synergy as well. It's also free.

It is actually one computer that runs the real player or similar DVD player on it and was hoping to be able to control the starting/stopping of the massage table by the same computer.

Add an Arduinoy interface and the computer can very easily control a mechanical button.

Back