• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus GTX 560 / GTX560 Ti DirectCU II VS Sapphire 6950 2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unlock shaders? What use of shaders ?
Some reference 6950's (2GB-only) can be unlocked to use the 6970's number of shaders (giving a 5%-10% bonus to card performance).

However, almost all of the ones that can be unlocked have already been purchased, and newer 6950's are laser-cut so they cannot be unlocked.

What's the price of the 6950 you're looking at and what's the price of the 560ti? No reason to look at the superclocked version as you'd be paying extra for something you can do yourself fairly easily (overclocking the card).

Some reference 6950's (2GB-only) can be unlocked to use the 6970's number of shaders (giving a 5%-10% bonus to card performance).

However, almost all of the ones that can be unlocked have already been purchased, and newer 6950's are laser-cut so they cannot be unlocked.

What's the price of the 6950 you're looking at and what's the price of the 560ti? No reason to look at the superclocked version as you'd be paying extra for something you can do yourself fairly easily (overclocking the card).

You have a point on that matter. In my understanding superclocked cards are the one you can overclock maximum of the normal cards.

In that matter i don't know who i gonna follow. =(

One say GTX 560 ti > 6950 2gb

One say 6950 2gb > GTX 560 ti

Last edited:
In that matter i don't know who i gonna follow. =(

One say GTX 560 ti > 6950 2gb

One say 6950 2gb > GTX 560 ti
They're pretty close in performance and differ in certain games, so really you should just go with whichever is cheaper and/or has the better heatsink.

Better is a relative term because it allreally boils down to money or else everyone would have 6990's in their system... As far as staying within your budget and getting the best performance the 6950 is a better performing card as show in the review link I provided previously. The unlocking shaders feature is just a possible bonus/incentive.

Toms hardware is differ?

Wingman have a link on that site that gtx 560 ti is better than 6950.

King have a also link of that site that 6950 is really better than the gtx 560 ti.

It means the toms hardware is so confusing site when you comparing graphics card. =(

they are very similar in speed and therefore in tests it often comes down to other factors such as pre overclocked cards, resolution, driver maturity at the time of testing, and most importantly the games picked.

In general the 560 Ti is slower at higher res and faster at lower res but it can overclock by a much higher percentage on stock cooling vs the 6950 1gb. This often accounts for some of the disparity between results at different sites as nVidias add in board partners often times offer higher overclocked cards which are put up for review.

If you only care for the best bang for your buck buy whichever you can get cheaper. There are other things to consider as well such as noise, heat, games included, card features, performance in a particular game you wish to play a ton, etc which may tip the scales beyond performance alone however that is up to personal preference. Personally I would go with the cheapest card be it 560 Ti or 6950 1gb. If you want to keep the card for awhile then go for the 2gb 6950 as it will likely keep its speed longer as 2gb vram becomes the standard.

Edit: A previous poster mentioned 6950 unlocking however that ship has largely sailed if you are buying now as only reference cards can do that and most are sold, cost more then you are looking to spend, or new laser locked models. If you wanted this feature you would likely have to buy used and put in a deal more research and likely they would cost more then a new non reference 2gb 6950 or not have a transferable warranty.

Last edited:
they are very similar in speed and therefore in tests it often comes down to other factors such as pre overclocked cards, resolution, driver maturity at the time of testing, and most importantly the games picked.

In general the 560 Ti is slower at higher res and faster at lower res but it can overclock by a much higher percentage on stock cooling vs the 6950 1gb. This often accounts for some of the disparity between results at different sites as nVidias add in board partners often times offer higher overclocked cards which are put up for review.

If you only care for the best bang for your buck buy whichever you can get cheaper. There are other things to consider as well such as noise, heat, games included, card features, performance in a particular game you wish to play a ton, etc which may tip the scales beyond performance alone however that is up to personal preference. Personally I would go with the cheapest card be it 560 Ti or 6950 1gb. If you want to keep the card for awhile then go for the 2gb 6950 as it will likely keep its speed longer as 2gb vram becomes the standard.

Edit: A previous poster mentioned 6950 unlocking however that ship has largely sailed if you are buying now as only reference cards can do that and most are sold, cost more then you are looking to spend, or new laser locked models. If you wanted this feature you would likely have to buy used and put in a deal more research and likely they would cost more then a new non reference 2gb 6950 or not have a transferable warranty.

+1 Nice guidelines, it make me refresh and clear everything now. I got your point what you want to say on that post. Yes i need a card that make last longer because once a year i upgrade my rig, so i want to buy a high-end parts.

GTX 560 Ti is best card, like what you say this card better in low res. but in higher res it slows. and vise versa with the 6950 1gb.
I think i choose gtx 560 Ti, because here i can overclock to get the higher res in stock cooler to have a good performance in high res.
I don't know how to overclock but this a new edge of learning to me. This is hard for me because i never try it rest of my life. :D

I think i have now a choosen card to buy. :bump:

Last edited:
You can't buy fore the future windows 8 is coming out and it probably will have directX 12 and then you would need a new video card.:shock:

If you want, Look into getting a GTX 570. for $310(you can spare 10, surely) after rebates, its the better choice of the two, unless you like to be dangerous and try to flash the card to a 6970.

Since you only use one monitor, that is my recommendation. No need to SLI if you are only using one monitor.

However...

Two GTX 460's in sli will give performance almost equal to a GTX 580. they run about $150 each, or $250 for a 2win version, which is one card that has two gpu's. While it will be louder, and run slightly warmer, you will save money.

Assuming your power supply isn't crap, the last option is cheaper, just uses more power. a 700 watt power supply minimum I would say, or a very good 650.

If you don't have the power supply to handle that, a GTX 570 for sure. In single monitor warfare, Nvidia wins the bout IMO.

*EDIT*:As for DX12, don't expect a card like that for another year or two. Even IF windows 8 supports it, they need to get the technology perfected in a way they can reliably mass produce them. For now, worry about what is out now. Maxwell(2014) may be the first DX12 card, Kepler and Southern Island definitely are DX11.

If you want, Look into getting a GTX 570. for $310(you can spare 10, surely) after rebates, its the better choice of the two, unless you like to be dangerous and try to flash the card to a 6970.

Since you only use one monitor, that is my recommendation. No need to SLI if you are only using one monitor.

However...

Two GTX 460's in sli will give performance almost equal to a GTX 580. they run about $150 each, or $250 for a 2win version, which is one card that has two gpu's. While it will be louder, and run slightly warmer, you will save money.

Assuming your power supply isn't crap, the last option is cheaper, just uses more power. a 700 watt power supply minimum I would say, or a very good 650.

If you don't have the power supply to handle that, a GTX 570 for sure. In single monitor warfare, Nvidia wins the bout IMO.

*EDIT*:As for DX12, don't expect a card like that for another year or two. Even IF windows 8 supports it, they need to get the technology perfected in a way they can reliably mass produce them. For now, worry about what is out now. Maxwell(2014) may be the first DX12 card, Kepler and Southern Island definitely are DX11.

Hmm. In that way i think i can't expand my budget for the mean time. GTX 560 can overclock and support other high end games on the future?

Or Try my luck and buy a Sapphire 6950 2gb which will cost a little difference between the GTX 560 and unlock it to 6970 to support other high end games for the future?

Or Try my luck and buy a Sapphire 6950 2gb which will cost a little difference between the GTX 560 and unlock it to 6970 to support other high end games for the future?
Even if it doesn't unlock, you can still get a performance boost from overclocking. Assuming it has one one of the Vapor-X style coolers it should run nice and quiet.

I am looking forward for the future also if my rig will be still updated even 1 to 2 yrs after. In that case i think they are also have a limit in overclocking and you can;'t push thru or else it will burn to ash :D . So my point is even you overclock the card in not to much i can be play games(high end) in the near future.

mY GTX 260 is almost 4 years old now, and it is JUST NOW becoming out of date(not able to max things)

if you want a card that will last you 3-4 years like this, the higher end the better. There is a card on newegg(GTX 570) that is selling for $260 after rebates.

Both cards in question however, will last the same amount. They are damn near equal, I'd say GTX 560 ti if 570 is out of the question, it does much better on single monitors.

A GTX 560 ti can be as powerful as a GTX 570 at stock when it is overclocked to 900/1800/1500~ or so.

Like i said in the other post though, Dual GTX 460's will outperform all three of the cards your looking at getting. That should be considered highly if you have a mobo with two PCI-E 2.0 slots, and a 700w PSU.

Also, don't count on "overclocking to keep up" As the card ages, its overclock ability deteriorates.

If we talk about GTX 570 i agree with Gigabyte GTX570 WindForce 3X. But in our country we are not covered with the newegg site we are in asia and some other products are higher because of the import price of the products + taxes. This will cause when i convert to dollar our money i $ 385.33. This is not short difference with my price range. I want but my budget can't afford right now on that price.

If we talk about GTX 570 i agree with Gigabyte GTX570 WindForce 3X. But in our country we are not covered with the newegg site we are in asia and some other products are higher because of the import price of the products + taxes. This will cause when i convert to dollar our money i $ 385.33. This is not short difference with my price range. I want but my budget can't afford right now on that price.

Again, just pick up whatever's cheaper out of a 560ti or a 6950. Either one will be usable for a few years at a high to midrange performance area.

Ahh, I was not aware you weren't from USA. In that case, look into a GTX 460 2win, if it is in your price range, i'd recommend that over the others. If not, either one of the origional two. they will both last 2-4 years at max-mid

If trying to save, here:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB for 185$

Here is the link tigerdirect
The price is after rebate and a 25$OFF coupon, NQI43807

Back